Tuesday, April 18, 2006

HOME SCHOOLS

As far as I can figure I think this has to be somebody’s idea of a real weird joke. The only thing that confused me was that I heard about it on the radio. Some lady said she had decided to home school her kids. Then she went on to talk about the apartment that they lived in.

I can tell you one thing, if that lady is going to home school her kids she should start by actually having a HOME! I mean I like living in an apartment. It’s not bad. My buddy and Otis and I have enjoyed calling our apartment for quite a while.

But the one thing I sure would never do is try and start some school to teach people about homes. And if I ever did decide too I think the first thing I would do is figure out a way to get myself a house before trying to teach others about them.

I do have to wonder who in the world even needs to be taught about homes in the first place. Where in the world does a person live that they don’t know what a home is? You do have to wonder.

I tell if that lady even has a need to teach her kids what a home is you kind of wonder what she’s been telling them up till now. What did she do when they went some place and passed a bunch of homes? I really got to wonder.

Now I can accept that perhaps and I say perhaps there might be a person or two who grew up in a cave and might not have seen a home very often. But never? I’ve heard of living a sheltered life, but could you actually have been kept in some place that was a shelter other than a home? I can’t even imagine what poor person had that kind of childhood.

Back in Nebraska where I come from we spent most of our time living in a tree house, but we did call it a house. And even though it was kind of drafting and cold in the winter we still had seen a house before.

However I should make allowances I reckon for how everyone is different. And if there somebody out there who needs to be taught what a home is then I sure think they should be given the chance.

I’m just not show how you convince somebody that has never seen a house what it is compared to say a tent or an apartment. Maybe by size. Yeah, that might work. Houses are generally bigger than an apartment.

Oh yeah, I guess to keep from confusing some people you wouldn’t want to forget to teach them how they don’t have wheels. I mean there are motor homes. So you probably would need to explain how they don’t have motors or wheels. Gosh now that I think of it perhaps that really is something some people might not know.

And if by chance you are reading this and have never seen a home well I would suggest you go over to say the library. I’m sure they could show you a picture or something. They might even be able to find information about what is called the “homestead” act. I think that is where you act up because you got a home instead of an apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home