Sunday, April 16, 2006

TAKE OUT

Ah now when this applies to food it is wonderful. You call ahead for something like a pizza or even burger in fries in some cases and then you don’t have to wait when you go to get it. I like the not waiting part.

I guess with donuts it is sort of take out too, only you don’t have to call ahead. You just go and pick it up. It is just too bad more things can’t be take out, which I think of as super easy and no waiting.

Well, I suppose that technically a lot of stuff is kind of take out in one way or another. I mean it does come down to going over to wherever and buying something and taking it out. But I suppose it is more the idea of waiting that gets me. I mean to me real take out is sort of the idea of you get it right away. And most places that involve buying stuff are not fast. You ended up waiting forever in some long line and that is boring.

So I want take out that is real take out. The kind that allows you to truly feel it is worth going into the store. Which sure don’t happen enough in my book. Far less than I like.

I’m just not sure how to improve on this option in terms of getting places where you have to buy stuff to take the hint that waiting ain’t cool. And I really don’t like those places that have the “take a number” type of lines. Those really piss me off. I mean they are practically shouting that you are going to have to wait.

Now I do realize a lot of those places are not advertising themselves as take out places. But to me they sure do get your hopes up when you first go inside and think, gee this will only take a moment. Only a half an hour later you are still standing in some stupid line worrying if your ice cream is going to melt before you get out of the place.

And what is the deal with these stupid smoker jerks. I mean if they want to kill themselves off that is their business, but why do they have the right to make me wait a heck of a long time before I get out of the store?

First of all they go up and ask for some brand of cigarette that is never at the check out counter. So the darn clerk has to go off for like ten minutes to hunt for what they want. They when they bring it back it turns out the person still wanted a different type of the same brand. I mean JEEZ that is so darn boring.

If there is one thing that is darn right boring it is having to sit there while this jerk ties up the line just to buy something like cigarettes. I really think that if there is one place that should have take out it is one that sells cigarettes. I just don’t know why they couldn’t have somewhere that those people could go and get one they want and not risk me having my ice cream melt while waiting for them to get their stupid cigarettes.

Well next time I’m in the store I think I’ll offer that up as a suggestion. Providing I can find some clerk who isn’t too busy hunting for cigarettes to be able to talk to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home