Saturday, April 22, 2006

CHEWING GUM FLAVOR

Is this really all that important? I do have to ask. I’m not a big user of chewing gum, but I do know it sure doesn’t take long before it stops tasting like whatever and has no taste at all. So you end up just chewing it to chew it. I mean all you can do is chew since you can’t eat it.

As for me, my teeth and tummy have this deal. Nothing gets attention from my teeth that my tummy ain’t shouting, “Me, me, me too.”

Well, I can’t speak for anyone else, but I can tell you that the one thing I have no desire to do is piss my tummy off. It just has too many ways to get even that can make you wish you were dead instead of putting up with that feeling.

And that’s why I can get too excited about chewing gum in general. I just know the moment my stomach detects something sweet in my mouth it turns on the juices and gets ready for something tasty.

Which is more than anything my main point. I mean since chewing gum really don’t keep much flavor real long why bother to give it a flavor at all. Oh, I’m not saying you want to give it a bad flavor either. That would be just plain dumb and stupid. Who would want say a chewing gum that tasted like say a kitty litter box? Yuck is all I can say to that idea.

But couldn’t they do something to give it more flavor if that is suppose to be a big deal? I just think that would sure make a different for me.

Now one idea I thought might work is if you say offered something really good to eat that you could munch on BEFORE you chewed the gum. That way your tummy wouldn’t be griping or feel disappointed if you were just sitting there doing nothing, but chewing later. Seems fair to me.

I wonder if we could get the chewing gum people to work on it? You know like putting a gift certificate in their gum that gives you a free lunch at some fast food place. Yeah I think that would be extra cool. A certificate for say about ten burgers and fries and a couple of gallons of pop ought to tied a person over for a while.

Course I suppose those darn gum people wouldn’t be so inclined to cooperate on that part. Yeah I kind of have a feeling they would think otherwise. After all they do sell something you can chew and not actually eat. So I guess I have to make allowance for the reality that they might be lacking in terms of understanding the importance of real food.

There are ways to cure that problem. Maybe I’ll see if I can mail them a few jelly beans to help give them a hint that there are better things to do with your mouth than get a chance to chew without actually eating. Heck I might even include an instruction book if that would help. Couldn’t hurt I reckon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home