Wednesday, April 26, 2006

MISUNDERSTANDINGS

Boy is this an important subject. Well it is to me. That’s because there are just too many darn situations when people get all bent out of shape for the wrong reasons.

This really seems to happen a lot when I’m working with my buddy Otis as a grimefighter. I would have thought people would be more understanding when we make a mistake as a grimefighting super hero. Here we are trying to save the world from filth and grime and every once and a while we do something wrong.

Now maybe where you live your average every day super hero is some dude who is perfect. But not over where I work at STINK.

It ain’t like we mess up on purpose or anything. But sometimes we have one of those communication snafus and what we think we were suppose to do was totally different than what we actually did.

All of that is to say that somehow once and a while we end up with a misunderstanding and then when we act on it that leads to another misunderstanding in one way or another. And man let me tell you that sure can be a pain in the butt at times.

Which is because too many people just won’t take OOPS as an answer. They get all bent out of shape when you accidentally on purpose stuff them into a trash can because you got the description of a griminal wrong.

For some reason they don’t just want to accept that they looked guilty. Okay maybe I just thought they looked guilty. But I’m just following that golden rule about how a person is guilty until proven innocence. Er, at least I think it goes that way.

Anyway that is the way I understand it sort of. And we do the best we can to not mess up so it ain’t like we do I on purpose.

Oh I will admit that there are times when it might be a tad fun to savor those wonderful moments of OOPS when it leaves a person unconscious even by mistake. That I kind of because I don’t know a person who is lying their passed out from a visit with my bat just gives me a real satisfying feeling when I think they are guilty.

But later when I find out that it was all a misunderstanding I try to get them to appreciate how cool they looked lying on the ground. They just never seem to appreciate that part as much.

In any case these things happen. And that is what I try to explain to the person when they are getting off the ground and all pissed from being bashed for the wrong reason. Shoot sometimes I have to bash them again just because they don’t seem to be able to grasp it was all a misunderstanding.

At that point it ain’t an understanding I guess. But generally I don’t wait around to find out if they “get it.” That could always end with them needing to get it with my bat again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home