Saturday, May 20, 2006

UPHILL GRADES

Okay since when did they teach this in school? I mean you got to have somebody teach you the difference between going up a hill and down? I tell you some people sure got weird ideas at times.

The other day we were going up to the mountains and I saw this sign that said, “uphill” grade. I suppose it was nice that they put it on a hill as you were heading up, but I didn’t see any schools around. Nor did they mention what the grade was. I mean was it an A or B or what?

I’m assuming that if the person who took the class had gotten an A they would have mentioned that on the sign. So I reckon if they didn’t then the person probably didn’t want to brag about that since it wouldn’t impress that much.

As best as I can figure you know what happen is that there is something cool about taking the class. Maybe they show lots of films about mountains and hills or something. So taking the class is a big deal and if you get through it then that is a worth bragging about.

For me, I don’t know, a hill is a hill. So if you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all. I wouldn’t feel any need to have some teacher take me out and point at one and ask me what it was.

Anyway these days I reckon you just never know what will impress some people I guess and if studying about hills and getting a grade on it matters then I suppose that’s there problem. The one thing I did also notice was that I saw another sign that mentioned about “steep” grade.

Now that is one thing I wouldn’t want to advertise. Shoot to me just having to study about hills and getting a grade on it would be a pain. But these dudes want to let you know that it is hard to do also. Do I really need to know this?

I’ve heard them talking about the problems of education these days. Stuff like the fact that people are learning as much as they are suppose to. Well if you ask me, the one thing they could cut back on would be junk like classes to teach you what a hill looks like.

I just think that could be handled real easy by a parent. Take the poor kid on a little camping trip and while you are going up some hill to the mountains you just say, “Oh by the way, this is a hill.”

That seems pretty simple to me, but then that is just me. However I guess that is not good enough for some folks.

In the meantime I’m just going to do what I can to help those poor kids out who don’t know what a hill is. I’ll just use that little code to test if they do by saying “up yours” a lot. Yeah that ought to get them thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home