Saturday, May 13, 2006

GOD BLESS YOU?

What I want to know is how come you deserve some blessing from God when you got something stuck in your nose that makes you sneeze? Does God have a thing about snot or something that makes it seem more deserving of a need for blessing than any other situation?

I only ask because it seems like a fair question to me. I mean I sure would like to know the answer. Only I’m not really clear on where to get one.

My first thought was naturally to ask the Reverend Analbe. He does know God personally and all. But the big problem is that he mainly seems to be more about talking on cursing stuff and what the Lord is against instead of what God will bless.

Plus you can’t hardly talk to the Reverend that he don’t end up at some point turning the conversation into a prayer. And if by chance you are sitting there with a bunch of donuts at the time you can be darn sure he will probably reach over and start eating them while he’s praying. It is kind of tough to figure out what he’s saying when his mouth if full of donuts, but it doesn’t do any good for you to say anything because he won’t answer, he’ll just turn it into a longer prayer.

Anyway I did all my thinking about asking him and decided first of all I didn’t have any donuts to take with me and he would most likely not explain it to me in a way that would make sense, so forget it. I figure it was smarter to work out some other way to deal with this issue.

I always thought calling junk an issue was kind of weird though. Because to me an issue is something like you know a magazine subscription. Well at least it is to me. So I don’t like saying I got an issue over something like this kind of question and make people think perhaps I’m getting some magazine that talks about weird junk. I got enough people who think I’m different as it is.

So my other thought was seeing if I could find a good doctor that perhaps was known for being a little religious or something who could tell me why the bless you think was important when it comes to sneezing. I even spent time talking to several doctor’s offices, but none of the ladies who answered the phone were willing to help me very much.

I guess they might off if I hadn’t maybe started out asking if their boss knew God personally or not? After I asked that question the conversation went sort of down hill after that.

So I guess I got to go back to the old drawing board as they say. Which bothers me too because nobody ever says where the old drawing board is.

Maybe one of these days I can figure a way to get both questions answer at the same time. It will fit right in there with knowing a bird in a can is worth two shove up your tooshe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home