Wednesday, May 03, 2006

KEEP THE CHANGE

This is a big deal with Otis. He’ll pay somebody for something and then loves to say “keep the change.” Only he never does that with me. I guess because he never actually pays me for stuff. Well not in money.

I have wondered about this thing with him. It does seem kind of weird if you ask me. I mean it is sort of like he’s saying that change isn’t important so it is better just to give it to somebody else.

Believe me I have tried to get Otis to explain this thing to me, but whenever he tries he goes into this real long speech about giving and tipping and the meaning of life. Basically it seems to be about everything, except how come those people are the only ones he feels deserve to keep change.

I do wonder, you know if perhaps they are all part of some secret change society and they just spend time hanging around and giving each other change for some weird reason. If so I know that Otis never has let me join. Which I guess considering it is a secret, if you call that it, then he probably wouldn’t.

Now I do got to admit that I don’t use change that much. I use for stuff like vending machines, but then I met this dude who had a neat way of getting stuff out of vending machines without having to use coins. He said that the vending machine companies were basically the type that likes to be generous to smart people. So if you were smart enough to figure a way to get stuff out of the machine without paying for it then they don’t mind rewarding you for your brains.

It was sure fun that time he took me over to that one place with vending machines and treated me to a bunch of goodies. We had a real cool snack.

But unfortunately for me even though I watched him, I haven’t got the machine to cooperate and give me any free stuff. That really disappoints me too since I haven’t been able to do anymore visits to the vending machines with him.

I went by his apartment the other day, but his neighbor said he was spending time as a guest of the state. She said he was going to be a guest for three to five. Although she didn’t say if that was in the morning or the afternoon though.

In the meantime I’m doing my best to sort of keep this whole change thing in what is called perspective. That is where you try to make sense of it all.

And to that end I plan on seeing if I can visit Mayor Rash Limburger. I saw this billboard with his picture on it and it had him saying about some deal he was working on how it was “time for a change.” He didn’t indicated though if that meant nickels, dimes or quarters. Well when I see him I’m sure I can ask him. Heck if he’s loaded with change maybe he can even treat to something out of a vending machine. Won’t hurt to ask I reckon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home