Thursday, May 18, 2006

CURSE, NURSES AND VERSES

This whole thing has to do with a visit I made to the hospital the other day. Generally I only go there when I have one of those “oops” that ends up with a trip to the emergency room.

However, on this occasion I went to visit a sick friend, which is why I was at the hospital since they probably wouldn’t have been there if they weren’t sick. That is the nice thing with such places, you don’t have to worry about getting too confused over what they do.

Well, like I said, the other day I went there to visit this buddy who was recovering from an accident. And I ran into this girl that was called “A candy striper.” I didn’t personally see her have any candy striped or otherwise, but that was her name.

Anyway I tried to get her to explain what the deal was with the candy thing, but instead of answering she went and got this nurse. For some reason after talking to that girl she thought I needed a nurse because I had something wrong with my head. There was nothing wrong more than usual so I’m not sure how she figured that part.

I talked to that nurse for a bit, which hardly improved things as far as I’m concerned. She got hung up like that gal with thinking something was wrong with my head. Said I should have it examined, even though I wasn’t feeling sick.

So eventually I got tired of her asking me silly questions and decided to leave them alone. I tell you when those nosey nurses get curious it can be a real curse. Maybe she was just bored, but for some reason she just didn’t want me wandering the hospital. It wasn’t like I didn’t knew where to find my friend.

She decided to call this dude in a uniform and he wanted to wrestle. But he didn’t want to play fair because he wanted to use a stick. I showed him though. I found a nice chair to use in place of my bat.

Eventually I got bored with him and ended leaving him unconscious on the floor. Then I went and visited my friend. But I’m not sure I’m going back very soon. I heard a couple of the nurses talking about a crazing man running around the hospital who assaulted some security guard. I’m sure glad I didn’t run into that guy!

I mean assaulting people ain’t my idea of fun. I guess you can a pepper a person too, but I’m not crazy about getting sprinkled with either. I figured it probably was some dude who was trying to make one of those “statement” things. So it must have been some kind of person who writes poetry since they always are trying to make statements it seems like.

I guess the part about this person being crazy was part of the person have an artistic spirit or something. Not sure that acting strange in a hospital is a good way to express it, but I guess it worked for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home