Tuesday, May 23, 2006

SHOE SHINES AND UMBRELLAS

Okay, rule number one, if you need an umbrella then you will most likely need a shoe shine too. Because rain don’t exactly do shoes any good. At least it doesn’t work that way for me.

I’ve tried different ways of avoiding that problem. Like not wearing shoes, only then my feet get so cold just wearing socks and man when they get soaked that is a really pain.

Now you can do like I do and wear mainly sneakers. They don’t need to be shined, which is a good thing.

However, the big problem is that they don’t do very good in the rain either. There are what they call goulashes, which shouldn’t be confused with that goulash that you eat. But the big hassle with those goulashes you were is that they can be a pain in the butt to get off once you put them on. At least they don’t have to be shined.

So for me the option on a rainy day is to either not go outside or if I do then to be sure I pick shoes that are made of leather or a reasonable facsimile. The facsimile part is what you get at discount stores that is almost the same and works nearly as good. Unless you get them too wet.

I trying to work on getting an umbrella that will make sure no part of my body gets wet, including my shoes. But so far I haven’t managed it. That doesn’t mean I going to give up though.

Okay so in the meantime till I figure out it, I think I’m also going to keep looking at alternatives to using regular shoes that don’t have to be shined and it don’t hurt if you get them wet. My first choice right now is flippers. I figured that perhaps they would be a good option in case you say fell in a river or ocean accidentally on purpose.

And if those don’t cut it because of junk like some jerk making fun of your fins, then I might check into what they call, “wooden” shoes. I figure those probably float so that would be a good option.

I’m not sure where I can find those yet. If I can’t find them I might just make my own. I can’t imagine they would be tough to create.

All I need is some wood. Hmmm, I wonder if I would be able to get it to stick to my feet without much hassle. Nails works good on wood. But I reckon that could smart.

Perhaps glue would be a good option. Yeah, I could glue the wood on my feet. Er, if I did that though I might not be able to get it off.

Gosh I guess that is going to be a bigger challenge than I expected. Oh I imagine I can figure it out eventually. At least there ain’t no rain coming for while so I guess I got some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home