Thursday, March 02, 2006

STREET LAMPS AND UNDERWEAR

I bet you read that title and wonder how could those two things be related in any way. That’s why I thought I would write this posting. Because we all should know important stuff like that.

What do those two things have in common? Well for me they are both things we have a tendency to take for granted. I mean who spends time worrying or even caring about the fate of a street lamp?

Okay I will admit I did know this one dude who did. That was because he thought this one street lamp was his relative. Actually he sort of thought a whole lot of things like telephone booths and mailboxes were his relatives too. But I reckon he wasn’t the norm for thinking stuff like that. Which I guess is a good thing considering they didn’t let him out of that place where he stayed most of the time run by doctors. It might be real crowded there if everyone got to stay with him huh?

Now the thing to me is that just as we don’t give street lamps much though unless they are burnt out, I think the same applies to underwear. Do you ever worry about your underwear? Oh you might need new underwear from time to time, but who stops every few minutes to worry about seeing to be sure that their underwear hasn’t been stolen or ruined in some ways.

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that isn’t it great that there are two things in life we don’t have to worry about? And in world with way too many things to worry about as it is I think anytime you can find something less to worry about it is a great thing.

Suppose you were the type to worry about street lamps? In the first place they only work at night so that means at least half a day you definitely don’t have to worry. Plus what is the worse that would happen with a street lamp? If it gets burnt out it is the street lamp dude, whoever he is that has to change the bulb. So you don’t even have to worry then. and maybe you don’t even go by a street lamp that often, then it really cuts down on the problem.

With underwear it is a little different. You do wear them every day. But what is the worse that could happen with them? The might get a big hole. However if you don’t tell anybody who is going to know? As long as you don’t tell anyone then everything is cool.

So that is why I say, ain’t it wonderful we can look forward to not worrying about that? And who knows with some practice maybe we can accomplish not worrying about other stuff as much either.

Maybe we could just pretend they are street lamps or underwear if that would help? Worth a try I reckon. Well for most things perhaps. Unless you are talking about jelly beans. I don’t think I could ever imagine them as underwear. It would kind of gross me out to think of eating a jelly bean used as underwear. So I think I’ll pass on even imagining that part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home