Wednesday, February 22, 2006

PETER PIPER

How come this guy is remembered? I just was curious because it don’t seem to me like he didn’t anything really all that cool. The story is that he picked a peck of pickled peppers. Is that supposed to be a good thing?

I mean what are going to do with a peck, whatever that is, of pickled peppers? I don’t even like regular peppers, let alone some that have been soaking in a jar full of pickles. It sure sounds yucky to me.

Besides even if those pickled peppers are the best tasting think on the planet does that mean he deserves to be famous for picking them? Plus I do wonder about the dude’s name. Peter makes sense, but piper? Does that mean he did something weird with a pipe? I don’t think I honestly want to know.

What I also would like to know is why can if we are going up with catchy junk to say about people we don’t pick one’s that really deserve it? Yeah, doesn’t that seem really fair?

I’m talking about people who truly do important junk, not weird crap. Like, well heroes. Oh I don’t want to forget about people who are doctors or policeman or fireman. They are all cool and important in terms of doing really special things that deserve attention. I guess I can’t forget people who are teacher either. And I say that even if I did have that one darn English teacher who was such a pain in the butt about my essays I would turn it. Hey to me as long as I write the word so you can figure out what it is then get off my case about the spelling! Some people just have no appreciate for creativity I reckon.

While I’m on the subject I suppose it wouldn’t be good to forget those minister dudes either. I mean anybody personally talks to God is somebody I would say was important. At least you know with them if you gripe about what they do you might end up getting zapped by a thunderbolt and that is definitely something I want to avoid.

Like I said those are all important things. But you don’t hear a whole lot of sayings like about this Peter Piper dude. Maybe he just had a better what they call publicists or something. So perhaps we just have to work on the advertising a little to take care of this problem.

I sure would feel better if we could. Because even though I didn’t mention it, the job of a Super Hero like say, er my buddy Otis and myself sort of is important too. After all when you spend you time saving the world from filth and grime it deserves as least the kindness of something like say, “Good job guys.”

Heck I ain’t even asking for a whole sentence either like that darn glory hogging Peter Piper. And I think that with us fighting grime we do stuff that is a lot better than picking any stupid pickled peppers.

But as they say you can’t fight city hall. That is kind of stupid to try anyway given the fact that city hall is a building and if you hit it with your fist all that is going to happen is you are going break your fist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home