Wednesday, February 15, 2006

SAVING FOR A RAINY DAY

Alright now this saying really bugs me. First of all nowhere does it say WHAT you are supposed to save. Oh I know generally some people would claim it was talking about money, but again it doesn’t say that as part of the saying. It just says IT!

Plus who says saving money for a rainy day is really going to help? I mean when it rains where I live the thing I need most is an umbrella not more money. I sure would hate to imagine that somebody was using money for a hat or something. It is hard to believe somebody would be that crazy.

Unless you are talking about Mr. Mammongrabber. With him man from what I’ve noticed there just ain’t much he doesn’t figure you can’t do better with money. Plus I know he is a big one for saving money whether it is going to rain or not. In fact as best as I can tell he wouldn’t spend money if he didn’t have to anyway.

Outside of him though, I reckon most people just prefer saving money for some kind of emergency. Like retirement. I never really thought of retiring myself because the people I know that are retired never seem to enjoy it. They seem to spend most of their time going to the doctor or getting some prescription filled. I don’t see how either of those would be all that exciting. But the way I figure they must have taken up the retirement because they had no choice. And normally junk you do because you have no choice is some kind of emergency.

Meanwhile getting back to this whole idea of saving it for a rainy day I was trying to think of all the important stuff you would want to save for a rainy day. Now first on my mind would be dirty clothes.

See you could hang them outside and let the rain wash them. Getting the soap to mix with the rain might be tricky, but I figure we could work it out some way.

Beyond dirty clothes another good think to save would be heat. When it rains it is normally cold so I imagine saving heat would help.

I heard about this think called solar heating. I know solar has to do with the sun. I’m not sure quiet how you get heat from the sun without all that light too, but those science types are amazing at figuring out all kinds of junk so they must have done it.

Only apparently they don’t want to share how they do it. But from what I hear it has to do with houses. So I guess they have some homes where they keep all this heat they been saving from the sun.

I just don’t know why they don’t want to share it more. So until I find out I reckon I’ll just have to work on it another way.

Right now I’m experimenting with saving heat by running the heater back at our apartment. I put a box by the heater to catch all the heat. Later I’ll put it away till a rainy day. I sure hope it saves enough too. I mean that way Otis won’t have to complain as much when I turn the heater on to try and save the heat when it is the middle of summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home