Monday, February 06, 2006

THE STATE OF THE DISUNION

I know that every year the President gives what is called the State of the Union message. Which I guess is a good thing. I’ve never personally visited the State of Union. I’m not even sure where it is located and why it is so important that the President has to give a speech about it once a year, but he does.

In any case over at STINK our boss, Dr. Hemoglobin gets in the mood every year when he hears about this state of the union speech to decide he needs to give us a speech too. I got no idea why, but with our boss it doesn’t take much to inspire him to give us a speech.

So we sit there and he drones on and on about all that happen at STINK in the last year and how this next year is going to be our best year ever. Only during his speech it seems like he sort of forget to mention some junk that happens during the last year. Well at least it does to me since a lot of times when he mentions some “event” as he calls it the way he explains it is just a whole lot different from the way I remember it. You know he will call it a great victory even if it wasn’t quite that great of a victory.

Now even though I don’t know where this so-called State of the Union is located, which I’m thinking it is probably out there between Hawaii and Alaska, the one thing I have figured out is that everybody is happy and loves working together. That sure seems to have a lot to do with things. The Union part meaning they also get along.

Boy I wish at times I did know where this state was located because let me tell you it sure would be a lot different from the places I’ve lived. Oh people where I live do sort of get along. Well they claim to at least. And that sounds pretty darn good even if in reality they gripe a lot.

Which is the part that cracks me up when Dr. Hemoglobin gives his big speech. I mean if you listen to him then we all are a bunch of happy, busy grimefighters who are well paid, constantly having and good time and don’t take any crap off of anyone that don’t end up getting shoved into a trash compactor to shut them up. (Okay I guess I sort of added the last part myself on that deal.)

But from what I can tell this ain’t the kind of harmony and getting along the way he says. Which is why sometimes I think it might be better if he was to maybe talk more about how we ought to stop being some disunion. You know that is more like working better apart than together.

I guess though mentioning things that way would give him much of a reason for a speech. Which is probably true for the President too I imagine. And I can’t imagine that you would want to call any place the State of Disunion. Shoot why would you need to create a State by that name when you can go anywhere there is and find disagreement?

I’m thinking it might be cool to really see if I can find that State of Union on the map sometime. I wonder if they are ready for many visitors? I reckon it is worth checking out as soon as I find it on a map.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home