Sunday, February 05, 2006

BEING DIPLOMATIC

I given thought to how important this is. Only I guess I just am not that crazy about constantly going to school. To me just getting one diploma from high school was enough. Oh I do like having it, but I never saw how getting a whole bunch of them would be all that helpful. So unlike some people who keep chasing after all kinds of diplomas and become diplomatic or addicted to them, I’m just content with the one I do have.

I mean outside of hanging them on some wall what else can you do them? You can eat them and you can spend them either. Still that don’t mean some people get all inspired that getting a bunch of diplomas is cool.

Then after they start collecting these things I guess they pick out a couple of letters off of them to put behind their name. Only they get really weird about it because most of the time they don’t use enough letters to let you figure out what word they are trying to abbreviate with the two letters. I ask you what word starts with a BS? Or I’ve see the ones with MS and then the really strange ones that go PHD.

I figure that must all be connected with some foreign language. So I guess it means you got to learn some foreign language as part of being so a diplomatic. Now I ask you is that a good thing? Apparently these folks think so.

But let it not be said that I am unwilling to give a subject some fair thought. So what I decided to do what see if I could find an easy way to learn more about this thing. And I did decide if I tried to talk to some diplomat and they had to explain the thing by using some foreign language I would be in trouble.

Well what I figured was perhaps if you had an extra diploma or two then I could approach one of these folks and talk to them on their level. As long as they didn’t get carried away with you know blabbing too much on some foreign language then I’d be okay.

Only you know I do work for a living and can go off to some college for years in order to get one of those diplomas or two in order to become a diplomatic like those others. What I needed was some place I could go for a short time and get a diploma or two.

Then I remembered that we had this barber college over in our city. I thought well maybe I could hang out a while, learn a few tips on giving haircuts and then get a diploma.

The only problem was that they expected you to pay to go to that college. Can you imagine that? They wanted me to pay them just to learn how to use a pair of scissors? Boy was that silly or what?

I’m still working on figuring out how to get some diplomas and see a quick and easy way to do it. I got a couple of leads. One is this stationary store. They sell stuff like award certificates. Now all I have to do is see if they can change the word certificate for diploma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home