Friday, January 27, 2006

TAKE IF FROM SOMEBODY ELSE

Advice is a great thing. Well sometimes at least. But why is it that the people who love giving the most advice are generally the ones that don’t know what they are talking about?

I say that because it seems to be that way in my case. Mainly it appears that way when I’m at work. Frankly we just have too many experts at STINK. I should say they aren’t really experts, but they like to think they are.

Personally after some other grimefighter runs off at the mouth on some subject I only listen once. Then if it ends up he’s totally wrong the next time I just offer to bash him with my bat if what he wants to offer me advice that turns out to be bogus.

So pretty much most of the time the other grimefighters have sort of gotten away from the advice department when I see them. Oh once and awhile they forget. Then I just go and get my bat and that normally ends the conversation.

The problem is with my buddy Otis. He not only listens to all the junk that is getting peddled, but even when it turns out not to be true he’ll listen again. What he does is get extra thrilled by the times he can point out when their advice is wrong.

At least that is the explanation he gives me. And I sort of see his point. I mean it is sort of funny to see these dudes sitting there and try to explain how come the advice they gave was completely wrong.

Now don’t tell any of the guys, but at our apartment Otis has this little board up on the wall of the bedroom. He puts down every amount of advice the guys gave and then if it turned out to be wrong. Otis even goes so far as to come up with some kind of figures for how often they are right.

Personally I consider that a lot of work without it being much help. But then unlike Otis I don’t get in the mood to try and give lots of my own advice to the dudes at STINK.

I should say I do feel a need to pass on junk I learn. But that isn’t my advice, it is from somebody else.

With my buddy though he just loves giving advice too. And unlike most of the grimefighters he seems to be right most of the time. Although, I do sort of take his word for that part. Because when he tells me something and it ends up not seeming to be true he always has a reason why it is that way.

But I guess none of this is going to change any time soon. I mean my buddy will always be giving advice and so will the other guys. Once and while it might even end up true. I just wish I had a way to know of sure. It just gets plain boring when I have to guess if some info really is going to help. Oh well I reckon some people might call that living life in the fast lane. I call it living in the fast pain, but that is just me.

Thought for the week: "How come civil service is only for people who don't know how to act civil?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home