Saturday, January 21, 2006

AMERICA, GLOVE IT OR SLEEVE IT

I heard about this on the radio. Some dude was ranting about patriotism and they way I heard him say it was that when it comes to this country you ought to glove it or sleeve it.

Well let me tell you something. That was sure a surprise to me. I mean I don’t even own a pair of gloves so I had no idea how I was going to figure if I didn’t it meant I wasn’t patriotic. Heck then it got me to thinking. What if you didn’t even have any hands? Some people have that problem sadly. It would hardly seem fair to them.

As for the sleeve thing is that really the only other choice here? I mainly was wondering because it seems to me that is sort of unfair to folks who only have short sleeve shirts. Heck we can’t all have big expensive outfits that include sleeves.

Plus does this only apply to days like the Fourth of July? Shoot it is generally so hot that time of year. The last thing I would want to do is have to wear gloves or a long sleeve shirt in hot weather.

I’m thinking that maybe this has more to do with way back when General Washington, you know the dude who discovered the state of Washington? Anywhere he was at that place called Valley Gorge. Now why anyone would want to hang out in a gorge I have no idea, but I do know it was in the middle and awful cold. So I can appreciate how in that kind of situation you sure would expect to have gloves and long sleeves.

Maybe that was a saying credit to him before he crossed somebody named Delta’s in underwear. I’m assuming that was probably a clothesline or something. Guess he might have been out at night and didn’t see it or something.

In any case I sure don’t want to be accused of not being patriotic enough. I’m going to go out and buy me a pair of gloves. Not have lots of money I’ll probably have to buy the cheap type like some rubber ones. As for the sleeves, well I reckon I can manage to get an old shirt somewhere that was used for a paint rag and cut off the sleeves. In fact we do have this one old red and black plaid shirt out in out garage that I’m sure Otis won’t mind if I cut off the sleeves.

So that means next Fourth of July I’m going to be sure I dressed appropriately. I’ll be the one wearing those yellow overalls with my blue short sleeve tee shirt and silver beanie. But to show I’m a good glove it and also sleeve it kind of patriot I’ll also wear those cut off red and black plaid shirt sleeves and a pair of pink rubber gloves.

I sure hope that will be something that will help everyone know just how patriotic I am and satisfy that dude on the radio. He seems to be so darn upset about so many things. Gee I wish I had a way to talk to him too. I think it would be cool to find out where he buys all the sleeves and gloves he says are so important. Guess it doesn’t matter as long as I get it right. It does make me kind of proud to know when I can do things where I prove I fit in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home