Friday, January 13, 2006

RED SKY, SAILOR TAKE...

This is some kind of big deal with sailors I guess. Something to do with “Red Sky in the mooring, sailor take boring.” Er maybe it is mourning or morning and the choring. I don’t know for sure. All I know is if you are a sailor and you see a red sky then you better start sweating.

However seeing how I ain’t a sailor and can’t even recall seeing a red sky unless I was up all night, I don’t know that I need to worry about it very much. Still you never know when it might come up.

After all what if the sailor who sees that red sky happens to live in your neighborhood? Then there is a chance that whatever is bad or important about a red sky might affect you to.

I wish I knew a sailor somewhere to ask them for sure. There was this Navy guy that lived a block away as I recall. Only I’m not sure what Navy he was involved with. Not sure it was one that had big boats or anything since he never seemed to go anywhere. I think the only experience he had with boats and junk was the plastic toy submarine that he put in his bath tub when he took a bath.

Besides he moved anyway. I wonder if he went very close to the ocean? I’ll have to check with Otis, because I can’t recall for sure.

Maybe Otis had his address where I can write him to have him explain about this red sky thing. Plus I wonder if you have to worry if say you see just a little red and the rest of the sky is some other color? Whoever comes up with these sayings apparently didn’t bother to explain that part. Like if it were say real foggy out and you can even see the sky, but it is red anyway does that count? See those are the kinds of stuff they ought to try and explain better.

Meanwhile if you do happen to see a red sky, you might start worrying. I can’t say what you should worry about, but it probably wouldn’t hurt to think about it.

I just thought I would pass that on in case you know you saw one of those red skies and weren’t sure what to do. And if by chance you know any sailors you could check with them huh?

If not then do like Dr. Hemoglobin is always telling Otis and myself when he doesn’t have an answer to a question. He tells us to use our own judgment.

I reckon in this situation that might mean it was a good idea to simply close the curtains so you didn’t see the red sky. That way whatever trouble the red sky is thinking about causing it will think twice about and maybe even find somebody else to pester.

Hope that helps you folks with this problem. You know you can always depend upon me to help explain the real important things about life.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "Working smarter and not harder only works when you are the boss and make somebody do the sweating part."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home