Tuesday, January 10, 2006

WHO SAYS?

I’m really learning to hate this question. My buddy Otis asks it of me way too often. We’ll be in the middle of doing something important and some problem will occur. So I’ll mention something I heard somewhere that I figure fits the situation.

And that is when he will ask me “who says?” Man that can be such a pain. I mean my mind is just chalk full of information and junk. How am I supposed to remember where I heard everything that I hear? That is just so unfair.

I figure it is enough that I remember the thing in the first place. That ought to be enough. After all it isn’t like I’m saying that I personally came up with the fact that I’m repeating. I always let him know it was something I heard or read somewhere.

But that is never good enough for my buddy. He insists on me telling him who told me whatever. It is as if he doesn’t trust me or something. Or he will have a reason at least in his thinking to question some of the sources that I pay attention to.

So feeling the pressure a lot I’ll do what I can to honestly remember where I heard whatever. Then I’ll tell him and figure that should be enough. Only that doesn’t work either. He’ll ask for more info like when the person said it or where he can find in written down somewhere that they honestly said it.

Talk about getting way too picky. I tell you that can be such a pain. It isn’t like everything I say doesn’t make sense or impossible to believe. So okay every once and while I’ll hear what somebody said and sort of confuse it. But that doesn’t mean it happens every time.

You would think after all this time that my best bud would be a lot more cooperative on this thing, but he isn’t. Sometimes I really wonder if it is even worth taking the time to share all that good stuff I learn.

Still I do keep in mind that he is my bud. And a dude who don’t try to help is bud is really not much of a bud. So I guess I’ll keep trying even Otis can be a pain in the butt about me telling him where I heard whatever.

Which reminds me, I can’t wait to see him later. I just hear this cool story about a guy who went hunting for green elephants and captured a whole pack of them using onion flavored marshmallows as bait. I sure hope he’ll listen because I think it would be so cool if we could maybe capture ourselves an elephant or two.

Course we might have to figure a way to shrink them down a bit to keep them in our apartment. But then I also heard that elephants are full of a lot of air and if you squeeze them right they will get real small.

Well I reckon I should be sure I have Otis help me find them first and then we can work out those details later. I just hope he doesn’t ask me who says again. I don’t honestly remember, but I bet it was somebody pretty darn smart. I just hope he agrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home