Saturday, December 31, 2005

LITTLE DEALS

You always hear people bragging about when they make some “big deal.” It is as if they are some kind of super rich and famous dude no matter whether they are or just think so. But they sure love to make it appear that they are important just the same.

I don’t know, but those kinds of things never impressed me that much. I mean in the first place it all sounds so darn complicated if they are explaining it right.

It starts out involving a contract, which is nothing and that is nothing except trouble if you ask me. I mean I’ve heard about those things. You got to have eyes like an eagle in order to read them. That’s because Otis talks about watching out for the fine print. And also making sure you can read between the lines.

Heck I’ve tried that on things like newspaper stories and all I could see was space. Whereas Otis would look at the same story and say that if you read between the lines then it really meant and he would say whatever it was. I just never saw where he claimed it actually said that. So I guess he’s got better eyes than I do.

Plus another problem with contracts is that you have to be able to speak a foreign language. I don’t know where the country of “legalese” is located, but apparently all these contracts are written there. Why I have no idea. How come they can’t print them in must plain English I have no idea.

Anyway if these contracts didn’t give you enough reason to worry about big deals then having to cope with those guys that Otis calls “blood sucking leeches” must be really scary. They sure sound like awful people. I hope I don’t have to deal with them at any time. I’m not sure what they look like, but I do now that they apparently all spend a lot of time at the courthouse when they aren’t spending time in a place called a law firm. You know I never knew law was something liquid that you need to do something to make it firm. But I guess that is what they have to do in those places.

All I know is that I don’t want to have to go to one of those law firm places. I mean not unless somebody gives me a jar and tells me how to find some puddle of law and also how to make it firm. That sure sounds way to much hassle for me.

Nope, I think I will stick with just trying to have fun with little deals. For me that includes things like visiting the candy store and working out a good buy on jelly beans. that is enough of a deal to me. And at least I don’t need any contract to get them either.

Oh I do have to have a receipt. They really get weird on me if I try to walk out of the store and haven’t got one.

Still for me a receipt isn’t hard to get. I normally find one on the floor of the candy store if I look hard enough. And the great thing is that I can always read it. Well all except for whatever is written between the lines. So far it hasn’t seemed to matter much. My jelly beans taste as good whether I can read it or not.

1 Comments:

Blogger genderist said...

Jelly beans are great. :)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home