Friday, December 30, 2005

TAKING OUT THE GOOD STUFF

Every once and a while my buddy Otis gets in this mood to clean out our closets. It normally happens right after our boss Dr. Hemoglobin gives one of his speeches to us about how important it is for grimefighters to be what he calls “paragons of cleanliness.” Well I know have too much of an idea what pears or gongs have to do with cleanliness, but all I know is that whenever he says that it means our closest are going to get cleaned.

Actually I think what happens is that Dr. Hemoglobin gets kind of upset at some point when he needs something from the supply closet and it is messy. That wouldn’t be so bad I guess, but if you aren’t careful while opening it all the junk becomes some supply avalanche.

The thing is in many ways I think that is Dr. Hemoglobin’s fault. In order to save money he’ll always order stuff in bulk. You know big amounts. And sometimes it is way too big and hardly fits in the closet. So the poor sap, er grimefighter who gets stuck putting the stuff in the closet sort of gets real frustrated and kind of stuffs it in there without worrying about it being neat.

Most of the time then we all know it is way too full and so we are careful about opening the door. I suppose we could clean it up some, but man after you’ve been out all day as a super hero grimefighter saving the world from grime you’re kind of poop. So most of the time we end up just promising to do it later and well never get around to it.

As a rule our boss just will ask somebody to get him supplies from the closet and doesn’t actually try doing it himself. So whoever gets stuck fetching his supplies have no problem being careful about the door.

However for some reason every once and a while he’ll decide to get the supplies for himself. And then the next thing you know it is lecture time. Which naturally always ends up with telling us to clean up our act and then Otis deciding that means cleaning up our closets.

I don’t think I’m objecting to having to clean out our closet at home as much as Otis being so darn insistent that we get rid of perfectly good stuff. That is the part that really bugs me.

Okay I’ll admit that sometimes my idea of good stuff is a little different than other peoples. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have a right to keep things I think are really special.

It is like this yo-yo I was saving. True the string was broke and it was missing part of the yo-yo so even if you did have a string you couldn’t use it. Still I was going to get around to fixing it some day. That’s the big problem part. Otis has so dang much trouble appreciate someday as an answer. All I know is with me any stuff that is on the someday list goes in the trash. But if it his someday stuff it doesn’t. (Course just because I haul to the trash doesn’t mean it has to stay there. I just don’t tell Otis that part.)

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "If the grass is greener on the other side it might be the kind of manure the person spreads. And sometimes it is thicker from the lips than what's in the bag!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home