Saturday, February 11, 2006

ONCE UPON A GRIND

Boring! Yeah I could use that word on way to many of those “you got to do this because I say so” kind of things I have to do over at STINK. What can I say, fun it ain’t.

Still somebody has to do it. At least that is what they tell me. Why it always seems to be me I’m not sure, but it sure ends up being me a whole lot. That is to me it seems that way.

Normally my buddy Otis calls getting stuck with those lame chores and opportunities for rising above the ordinary and mundane. It to me amounts to still getting forced into doing junk that is to me about as exciting as going to see something like an opera. Now I realize to folks who are opera lovers that is exciting. But that is a different story. To me it ain’t exciting. Um not in a way I look forward to I should say.

In any case all it amounts to is us getting stuck doing way too much junk that you have to practically slap yourself in the face to keep from nodding off about. You can also be sure that there is no way when our boss Dr. Hemoglobin talks about being a grimefighter he ever mentions that lame chores we do beside busting the bad guys. It sort of gets ignored a whole lot. Maybe that ain’t no accident either.

So I just sit there when I get some duty like trash bag counting and keep telling myself at least it isn’t sewer patrol duty. That is one chore that believe me there ain’t any thing that isn’t better to do.

What I mainly do to survive not going crazy is to sit down and think about the cool times. You know when we can remember something like running through a crowd after some griminal and actually catching the jerk. That is the good times. They just don’t happen as often as I wish.

One of these days I think I’m going to try and write a book about my adventures. I think people could find that interesting. I would call it my mem-wores. I think that is how they call it, which makes sense since it is something you wore. Well sort of.

Yep I think a whole lot of people would love to know all the good stuff I do as a super hero. And the best part is when you write about it you can use what they call a literary license. That is what you have to put something in a story that ain’t always true.

I’m not sure where you go to get one of those licenses though. I sure hope it doesn’t involve any test. But I reckon I can find out somewhere.

I suppose I might start by going over to the museum and ask them. They always seem to have lots of good stuff to show off. So I reckon they got a good example of what literary license looks like.

The only thing I not really clear on is do you have to show it to somebody special before you use it? Guess I can ask huh? And once I get one then everyone can look forward to the day when I got those mem-wores all wore out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home