Tuesday, March 14, 2006

THE SHOW ME STATE

I understand this is supposed to be a big deal in a place called Missouri. Not sure why stuff don’t count there unless you can show it, but I was figuring that maybe they have a problem of some kind like not enough libraries or DVD rental places so you have to actually show them whatever it is you have to show them.

I was wondering though if they are the show me state does that mean you don’t have to worry about it anywhere else? Or are the other states some kind of “it’s okay if you just tell me, but you if want to show me that is cool too.”

Personally I’ve never had a chance to visit this place so I can say if they got a problem with seeing or something that makes showing extra important. I also understand that one of our Presidents came from there. He was famous saying, “the buck stops here.”

I got no idea what some deer stopping anywhere would have to do with showing stuff, but whatever they have in common I know a lot of people thought the buck stopping was a good thing. Of course perhaps the showing part is because wherever the deer stopped he pooped so you had to be showed it in order to clean it up. But did they have to do that through the whole state?

It is kind of amazing how some little thing like watching a deer take a leak could end up being popular in a whole state. I wonder if that is where those deer crossings came from? You know maybe the sign is to show you were you could do the show me thing in terms of the deer pissing on some bush or whatever.

All I can say is in that state it must be one heck somebody’s idea of doing something fun. Because if the President thought enough to mention the buck stopping where he was I guess he thought other people would enjoy it too.

As far as I know though if it did become popular it didn’t stay that way since whatever buck that President was stopping didn’t get stopped by the other Presidents. Maybe it was his pet or something.

Then too I suppose somehow it all fits together with some wet spots that the deer left behind. And it must have been some important thing since I understand later that President was sort of famous for beating some dew thing. I bet it was a wet spot from the deer crossing where the buck stop and somebody just thought it was dew.

It sure is funny at times what some people want us to remember. For myself about the only deer I normally think of are the ones that Santa owns. You think one of them was the buck who the President was going to have stop say on Christmas eve?

I can’t say myself. But then since I don’t plan on hunting around for some deer who is trying to piss on whatever, I imagine I won’t need to have anyone show me it either. Unless I ever make it to that state. I wonder if they show off where deer and those antelope have a say? I suppose I’ll have to let the show me folks figure that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home