Wednesday, March 15, 2006

HANGING IN THERE

I’m cool with this. Well the in there part. And the hanging part to as long as it ain’t like the old west kind of hanging in there. That kind can sort of ruin your day to say the least.

However for regular hanging in there, which is where you don’t quit, that is the best. That is unless you are talking about quitting work at the end of your shift. It is one type quitting I like and also down right enjoy.

As for the rest of the quitting kind where you are doing something good and then just get to discourage or whatever and give up, I don’t know I just never enjoyed it. Mainly because I never end up feeling good when I do that.

Now maybe if I could not feel so crummy when I just quit something it would be different. It must work for some people though because they sure don’t seem to get too upset with themselves when they just up and stop doing something they said they would finish. Perhaps there is a pill they take that I don’t know about.

When I have time I think I’ll call some pharmacy and see if they can tell me the name of the pill. I’m not saying I necessarily want to get some, just curious. I hate not knowing junk that everyone else knows.

On the other hand when you do hang in with something that don’t always mean you end up smiling. Like the time my buddy Otis and I were on this assignment and tracking down this real jerk of a griminal. This dude was like the filthiest creep imaginable.

It took a while to finally catch up with him. And there were a few occasions where my tummy was growling and I was getting tired that I felt like quitting, at least long enough to get something to eat and take a nap.

But my buddy said no. He can be so darn annoying at times about stuff like that. When he gets in this “do or die” mood you can be we won’t be doing any quitting any time soon.

Actually the doing part ain’t so bad, it is the dying part that I hate. When you are dying from hunger because you haven’t eaten in two hours believe me that quitting begins to look real good!

Anyway I guess the good news was that we did finally catch up with that guy. Well I should admit that we had a couple of almost caught him situations first. Hey, can I help if it I got too dang hungry and ended up using my bat on two people that weren’t grimainls? They looked exactly like him when I closed my eyes. What do you want when I’m thinking of nothing, but food.

In any case, we did finally catch the guy. He didn’t go quietly and put up quite a resistance, but we managed to bust him just the same.

I was glad we didn’t quit though. I was just stiff and sort. I get that way when I use my bat too much. Otis said one or two whacks would have been enough. Heck I didn’t think fifty was unreasonable. It took five just to get the guy to stop using his arms to try and keep from being hit. The rest were what I call an attitude adjustment to try and make sure he saw the merits of giving up in a good way. And when he comes out of that coma I’m sure he’ll thank me for the lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home