Wednesday, November 02, 2005

SUPER DELUXE

You’ve heard that phrase “music to my ears?” Well if there are two words besides jelly beans that make my ears hear music it is the words “super deluxe.”

Oh I know just about anyone can use those words and they generally do. And I also know if they do use them and what they claim isn’t really super or deluxe that nobody will buy it for very long.

So I like to try and check to see how long the business has claimed something was super or deluxe before I buy their product. I like to give them at least a week, depending on what the thing is they are selling.

Now what gets my biggest attention is when these words show up at some burger joint I love to visit. It is especially cool if they use those words and it applies to a burger. Because I know they probably did something to make the burger even better.

Only problem is at times like I said some times some people’s idea of super and deluxe isn’t the same as mine. And when it comes to burgers that can mean the difference between one that tastes great and is real juicy and one that is well, yucky.

I have of sort of worked out my own way to test if the burger passes my Buttercream Super Deluxe program. So it think I’ll pass that one for the benefit of anyone who might be interested.

My first test is whether it makes me puke. Because if my stomach ends up needing to barf you can be darn sure that burger failed the super deluxe test.

Now if I don’t puke the second test is whether I end up burping a lot. That is a sign to me that something is happening. It tells me the stuff is good enough to give me gas, but whether that test is a good one will depends on what happens next.

It leads me to the third test. Basically if it gives me the runs. Now if that happens I know the burping wasn’t necessarily a good thing.

So now you know my standards for a Super Deluxe good or bad in terms of burgers. And I hope that passing it on is helpful to any of you.

Oh yeah before I forget, one general rule that I guess I figure you could think of by yourself, but decided to add just in case. Basically if it smells bad, it won’t taste good. And you can be sure it won’t be super deluxe either.

Well at least that is my rules. And so far you know they have worked for me pretty darn good. Oh occasionally you know I do make a mistake, but not enough to be worth making a big deal about. Heck anyone can pass out from eating a burger I suppose. I know because it has happened to me a couple of times. Come to think of it that has happen at the same place each time they advertise they have a new Super Deluxe meal. Hmmm I guess I’ll have to give that some further thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home