Monday, October 31, 2005

TELL ALL BOOKS

Okay what is the gag with these things? Who in the world doesn’t know that books can talk? So how can they tell you anything?

See I figured this part out, but apparently some people haven’t. And shoot is they are silly enough to think you are going to buy some talking book, other than those kids books, then I guess they can waste their money on them. However I ain’t going to waste mine even if I did have some money to spend, which normally I don’t.

But this did get me to thinking. If tell all books are all that popular then perhaps I would give a shot and making one myself. Heck I’m a writer and I’m always making up junk so what would be the problem with making up some really tell all junk?

I mean from what I can figure on these tell all things it is generally boring junk anyway. The one’s I have seen have been some famous person or somebody who claims to know famous people telling whatever they claim is to tell all.

However you know when I saw a stack of those books in a bookstore and decided to check it out, well shoot I guess all the ones I picked up were broken since when I opened them not a single one made a sound. Sort of proved what I said in the first place that this was some kind of gag.

What really shocked me was overhearing these two ladies talking and the one was saying how she had bought a copy of the book and it was really interesting. All I can say is that if she found not hearing anything all that interesting then she sure had some pretty low standards for entertainment.

I suppose though it don’t matter from my point of view since I at least am being smart enough to fall for that stuff. And you know it does sort of worry me though. Heck are all people who go and buy books at some book store that strange?

If so then I guess when I work on my tell all book I’ll just have too make sure it is extra weird. Only problem right now is I want mine to be a real tell all type of speaking book.

And so before I worry about what I write I got to figure out how to make it talk. Oh I figure I can use a DVD portable player. The big hang up is with the darn speakers. I don’t think too many people are going to buy a book with a couple of speakers dangling out of it.

Well while I work on figuring out how to solve that problem I going to start practicing my speaking voice. After all it won’t be much of a tell all book if I don’t do any saying.

I’m sort of wondering if I can even toss in a song or two. Shoot then it would be a tell all and sign all book. Now that would be a real bargain if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home