Tuesday, October 25, 2005

WATCHING THE GRASS GROW

Do any of you think this is a good form of entertainment? I mean I tried it once after hearing some guys over at STINK talk about it, but I just couldn’t see the fun in it. So there must be some kind of mystery to seeing the excitement that I don’t quite get.

Course I realize that there are plenty of things like that out there that somebody things is fun and don’t seem like it to somebody else. I know a while ago I was over at this place where the sell home improvement stuff. Things like shovels, grass, heck just about anything you could want for a house I suppose to improve it.

Now to me living in an apartment most of that kind of stuff doesn’t appeal to me very much. Oh I guess that’s cool if the house thing is a big deal in your life, but for me I don’t know I don’t get all that excited over paint and wallpaper.

Anyway there I was checking out the grass junk. Thinking to myself if I looked hard enough I’d find something there to make me understand why somebody would get all jazzed about watching grass growing.

That’s when I saw this dude talking to this guy that worked at the store. And this dude was asking all kinds of questions about different kinds of grass and lawn mowers and a whole lot of other stuff that I had no idea about or cared to think of in terms of grass.

But let me tell you to this dude you would have figured there was nothing more important in the world than grass. I would have sworn if you could eat the stuff he would be the kind that would. In fact he even some pictures in his wallet of his lawn that he was showing them to the guy that worked there.

Well let me tell you I was impressed with somebody so fond of his lawn he kept pictures of it in his wallet. Now that is a hobby somebody sure takes serious.

Still as much as I listened and tried to understand, in the end a lawn to me was just a lawn. Oh I did take the time to listen enough to hear where the guy lived.

I figured I would drop by and check out his lawn for myself. I thought maybe if I saw it I might see something about it that made it look extra cool. But when I saw it I couldn’t tell how it was better than anyone else’s lawn as I could tell.

In fact I sort of felt sorry for the dude since here he was so darn proud of this lawn and honestly it wasn’t that special. So I figured you know, perhaps I would do something to sort of help him improve it and make it special.

And the only thing I could think of that might make it better was to say make it look more green. I went over and bought myself a bunch of bright green paint. Then late on night went by and painted his grass a real pretty color of bright green.

Course I didn’t want to you know take any credit for the improvement so I never told him. Then I got busy and sort of forgot about the lawn thing.

That was until I had to go to that home improvement place again. And that same fella was there. Only this time he didn’t seem to be bragging about his lawn being so cool. Not sure what happen, but he was talking about having to plant a new lawn and was checking out fertilizer. Guess sometimes if you spread it too thick then you end up having to spread a new layer when the old one don’t work any longer. As for me, well I’ll just let that dude worry about having all the fun of watching the grass grow, I’d rather watch a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home