Wednesday, October 19, 2005

COMING ALONG QUIETLY

Man there sure are plenty of people where I work that could benefit from learning to do this. Every once and a while we have some group outing at STINK. Not that often thank goodness, but it still does happen.

And let me tell you if there is one thing some of those dudes are not capable of doing it is keeping quiet. Let me tell you it can be downright embarrassing to be somewhere with these guys when they decide to start acting goofy.

Well I want to tell you that is what I call it when you think you got to bore the whole world doing imitations of barnyard animals because you are some kind of comedian. That wouldn’t be so bad if the person was really funny, but he ain’t. In fact his idea of funny is something that is down right boring and stupid.

I only wish our boss Dr. Hemoglobin would remember that when he takes us somewhere. Because he always picks some restaurant for us to have lunch that ends up being packed. And you can be darn sure that at least a couple of the guys are going to say something dumb and act like jerks.

If that ain’t bad enough when it comes to ordering foods, man they should really learn to not talk. Who in the heck needs to ask if the dinner comes with napkins and underwear? Don’t ask about the underwear. I would rather not talk about it.

Anyway I guess those two guys thought that was a way to impress and make it sound like they were being cool. I tell you the waitress wasn’t impressed.

But I’m kind of inclined to think those two guys may keep silent for at least one or two outings after the last time. Having some cook smack you around for asking something from the waitress like what did the rat look like before he ground it up for the burger may have affected their wanting to talk as much.

Only I’m not going to count on them keeping quiet though. I’ve seen them do that kind of stupid stuff before and by the time the next outing came around they were back at being dumb.

Personally I got my only solution to that problem. I just make sure we get lots of rolls before any other food comes. Then I just shove a roll in their mouths every time they try to say something.

And it might work if Otis didn’t tell me I couldn’t do that again. Hey can I help it if those two guys got so busy trying to talk that I didn’t realize I had used up all the rolls and accidentally used a vase of flowers instead. It didn’t keep them from saying much for a while though. Plus seeing them spend the next few minutes spitting out flower petals was pretty cool too.

Oh well, guess next time I’ll practice ordering extra rolls. Either that or make sure I don’t have any flowers close by. (Besides I think a salt and pepper shaker fits in their mouth better. Only I can tell Otis when I use those for that reason as being accidentally on purpose.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home