Monday, October 10, 2005

ONE MORE SLIME

Yeah, in my work this is a big deal. Slime is around a lot more than I wish or could ever dream as possible. Wish it were otherwise.

For me the deal with slime is you don’t even have to work to create it. That is something that just happens with stuff like water in ponds or fountains that sits too long with being cleaned. And guess who gets the lousy job of cleaning it up? You got it. Lucky me huh?

Anybody care to give me a break on that task and do it for a while? I don’t mind letting someone else have the joy for a while or always, but I have a feeling that isn’t going to happen.

This is I suppose is part of my whole mood in terms of this posting. I’m speaking of the slime of life or those annoying things you have to do because it is your job and nobody else’s. And you know that better or worse you will end up doing it again tomorrow and the day after that. Essentially it means there is always one more slime to deal with.

Does it ever get depressing to know this? You bet. Do I ever want to just screw it all? All the time. But do I? Nope.

Why? Well I have asked myself that plenty of times, but I guess the bottom line is that I care. I know that might sound corny, but when I think of it I just can’t bring myself to give up.

I suppose a lot of it has to do with my buddy Otis. He kind of keeps reminding me at times about the importance of how being a super hero means you can’t just act like ordinary folks and give up when you want.

So when I’m feeling a little down and bored with the whole thing I just sit down with my buddy and let him remind me of all the reasons I have to keep trying. And frankly I think there are times when he needs to do that for his benefit too.

And after all isn’t that what is really important? Like so many things in life there will always be some kind of slime to make life other than as perfect or clean as we want. It never goes away just because we are feeling bored or lazy.

Which is why I feel like a yo-yo at times. I can get low, but sooner or later I will be up again. Let me tell you too that there is no greater feeling either than when I look at some place that was all slimy and see it clean. I know for at least that few minutes I made a difference in some place that would never be changed without my help.

Well that is a great feeling. Sometimes I forget how it feels when I sit around feeling bored and don’t want to go after the slime. But somehow I manage to and in the end no matter who knows it I end up with a cool smile that last all day. You can’t buy that feeling. You just have to experience. Here’s hoping whatever slime is in your life gets a good cleaning from time to time too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home