Wednesday, October 05, 2005

THE MUCK STOPS HERE

Boy at STINK this sure is important. It can be so darn tough at times to help people “see the light” as Otis calls it. I mean when there is too much garbage around and it smells so bad it causes your eyes to water then you know darn well you aren’t going to see much including light.

Course I reckon most people are able to handle that idea, but the big problem is getting them to be willing to change. Sometimes you just have to let them get so sick and tired of being around filth and muck that they will finally decide to clean up their act. (Sometimes they do need a little encouragement though, which is where my bat comes in. Only when I use it the kind of light they end up seeing is in the form of stars!)

What kind of gets me in this whole deal is when our boss, Dr. Hemoglobin gets kind carried away with our war on grime. He talks about drawing a line in the sand and making sure nobody crosses over it.

Well even though that sounds kind of impressive the big problem is that we don’t happen to have any sand at STINK headquarters. And there is no reason you would expect us to given the fact that we could hardly be about fighting for clean and have a bunch of sand at our location.

Dr. Hemoglobin would know this better than any of us though so when he talks about that I just try to not think about it too hard. Although I do spend a far amount giving thought to where exactly all this sand is that he’s talking about.



As close as I can figure he must be talking about that lot that is across the street from STINK headquarters. The only thing is that I don’t get is what the big deal is about drawing a line in that sand. After all even when I do and somebody does step over it I can’t see where it changes anything except maybe the get sand in their shoes.

But I reckon if talking about it somehow makes our boss happy then that is a good thing. And at least it does keep him busy worry about sand so us grimefighters can concentrate and doing what we have to in order to making sure things don’t get more mucked up than necessary.

Sometimes I’m not completely sure when we have always managed to get rid of the muck either. We sure try. Only once we have managed to make some place muck free then it ends up coming around somewhere else.

Which is why I prefer to do what we can to make sure the muck stops here by getting folks to help out once and a while. And I bet I could do an even better job if Otis and Dr. Hemoglobin would take my advice on that subject.

My idea would be to get folks that are stubborn on that subject and stuff some muck down their throat. Not enough to say get them sick at their stomachs. Just enough to give them the hint about how lousy it is.

So far they haven’t bought into that idea. Which means I got to take way too many trips over to that vacant lot to see if anybody has messed with that line I drew in the sand. But I suppose as long as somebody leaves muck alone in the process even if I don’t see it then that is what counts the most huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home