Saturday, October 01, 2005

COOLER THAN CRUEL

You know when something is cool it really is cool. Only it sure is hard at times to always get some people to understand that or even agree on what is cool.

And let me tell you with some people their cool meters seem to be totally broken. At least they appear that way too me.

From my view something is cool when it is good or impressive. It never is cool if it is bad. So doing good things for people is cool, doing bad things isn’t.

The thing is I would have figured that most people would have understood that. But when you look at all the people who seem preoccupied with doing bad junk it makes you wonder.

I’ve decided that the problem with such folks is that they simply don’t have any appreciation for how much better it is for you to be cool than to be cruel. I sure wish they would ask me because I could easily straighten them out on that part.

So my thought is that we need to work on the cool thing with people who get consumed with the need to be cruel. And if that means doing some extra hard effort to get them to see the difference then I don’t mind giving it a shot.

And if all the simple hints don’t work then I sure will be willing to lend my bat as a form of inspiration. Maybe a few whacks would help these people to see the light, even if it is in the form of stars.

Nobody said everyone learns the same way. With some people they need a little extra what is called TLC, which to mean stands for ‘THE LEARNING CLUB!”

It is amazing how many times that form of persuasion helps to take care of problems like arguments. You let the person sit there and make a complete fool out of themselves and then the next thing you know once you introduce them to my wooden buddy that TLC kicks in and bingo they stop having a need to argue.

Okay I admit that normally they are unconscious too. So that doesn’t help at first. But once they wake up generally they are a whole different person. Shoot in some cases they can’t even remember their name if you hit them a little too hard.

Now I imagine there are a few who probably will say that my version of TLC is not all that cool. And that’s okay because I sure don’t mind giving them a nice visit from my buddy if it helps them appreciate it’s real value.

But of course there will always be that dude out that who still don’t get it no matter how many whacks you try. That when I resort to my different version of TLC that I call Truck Learning Crunch. It involves using the garbage truck to run over them. And normally once the person wakes up from that cool is the one thing they sure understand my way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home