Wednesday, September 21, 2005

EXILES AND EXITS

Well one thing I do know is anything that starts with an “ex” means something is over. Or you’ve left or basically that you simply ain’t somewhere you used to be.

Exits are something you see in a whole lot of places. Sometimes it makes sense to have a sign to show you where the exit is. Like in a theater. Otherwise in the dark you might miss it. So I do appreciate them putting a light up to tell me it is an exit.

However do I really need one on the freeway to tell me the next exit? I ask you do these folks think I’m blind or just plain stupid? I do have to wonder. I mean what the heck are you going to do on an off ramp besides exit the freeway? Or am I the only one that has figured that part out?

The other part that bugs me is with some stores. They got a door just for entering and a second for exiting. What in the heck is up with that? Whenever I’ve been in the store it wasn’t that crowded so how come that got to only let you exit from one door and enter from a different one? And what happens if you do exit from the one marked enter? Are they going to arrest you? I’ve heard of shoplifting as being a crime, but I would just like to see them call the cops for having walked out the enter door. I call that just plain being silly.

Anyway somebody I guess in most places makes up these dumb rules. Man I wish someone would pay me to come up with such ideas. I can make up an exit sign as good as anybody else. Not sure where you apply for that job though.

As for this whole exiles thing, gee that has me a little stumped at first. Then I figured it must have something to do with exiting from a given aisle in some store. That doesn’t sound like a big deal to me, but if these stores need somebody to just figure out, which door you can enter and which you can exit then I bet the same knucklehead is the one that decided you need a fancy name for leaving an aisle too.

I also heard this one person speaking about being in exile. I reckon that is when you are still in the process of leaving a given aisle. Although I sort of got the idea that this person was unhappy about it. Which sort of makes me wonder if they have some time limit you can spend in some aisle without buying something and then if you don’t manage to exile yourself they shove something in your hand and say “here you got to buy this or else.”

Well I think I’m going to have to give this a little more investigation to be sure I understand it correctly. The big challenge at the moment for me though is that I got to find a store with enter and exit doors that will let actually go into their store. I won’t bore you with the details, but let’s just say some of the stores in our city sort of have told Otis that it would be best if I didn’t come into their store again.

Hey anybody can make a mistake. I mean when they have a big and tall stack of canned goods and say limit one per customer, no where does it say a word that you can’t take one from the bottom. I guess I sort through that as soon as I can sneak into some store without their security deciding I need to shop elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home