Saturday, September 17, 2005

BREADSTICK JOYS

Man is bread just about one of the coolest things to put in your mouth or what? And breadstick if they are those soft kind that practically melt in your mouth then they are almost perfect.

Every once and a while my buddy Otis gets in this mood where he decides we should go out to eat at some place that sells stuff like pizza and that “lazagnut” stuff. I don’t know why he thinks it is better to go there than fix it at home the way we normally do, but I humor him and tag alone.

However I do notice he normally is more inclined to mention it after he watches the travel channel on cable and they have some special about visiting Italy. I guess I ought to be grateful he doesn’t feel the same way about when they show those specials on France. There is no way I’m going to eat any slimy snail regardless of how much ketchup they give me.

Anyway when it comes to the Italian deal we normally go to this one place where they have decent bread sticks. Well they are more like rolls with a great garlic flavor. And while Otis orders all that weird stuff other than pizza or spaghetti I just concentrate on getting something like a small bowlful of spaghetti and then ask for rolls. And I keep asking them as often as possible.

I guess the waiters and waitresses have gotten to know me pretty well along the way. For every time we show up they don’t even wait till we order to bring me a bunch of them rolls. At least Otis doesn’t gripe when the charge him extra. Since he also pays extra for them to make meatballs special out of Spam I reckon he doesn’t mind a few extra bucks for the breadsticks.

At least Otis doesn’t get in those moods all that often. So most of the time I can generally get him to just order pizza from the take out place. They got some pretty good breadsticks too only they don’t call breadsticks. I forget what they call them, but if you order two pizzas you get them for free.

Don’t tell Otis, but sometimes when he asks me to order the pizza I order like six or ten. Then when they show up at the door he insists we only wanted two. Oh he asks me and I say two, but I’m going to tell the real fact is all I wanted was extra breadsticks or rolls or whatever.

Right now I’m working on figuring out how I can make my own. I went down to the grocery store and bought six loafs of white bread. I haven’t quite figured out how I’m going to turn them into garlic breadsticks yet. But I did also buy some garlic too.

I also got a hammer to help shaped them as I need into breadsticks. I just am not sure how much I will need to hit them in order to get them to taste like regular breadsticks.

Well I guess that is a project I’ll have to try and see what happens. However I still have the pizza take out place on speed dial if that doesn’t work out either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home