Thursday, September 08, 2005

LISTENING TO SEASONING

Alright now before I get to far let me explain a basic rule in this regard. First of all, most foods are better when you season them.

So don’t be afraid to take something you don’t think tastes cool enough and add something to improve it. It is like that say, “Variety is the lice of a knife.” Er maybe that is “Some Eye in a pea is a slice of strife.” Oh shoot, basically the idea is that doing things different keeps stuff from being too boring.

But for the benefit of you folks who maybe haven’t tried this enough let me give you a few pointers in terms of seasoning stuff. And that way if you know you can rely upon my having already tried it then you won’t have to worry if it works.

For starters then you got your basic salt and pepper. Salt is okay if you like salty junk and pepper is okay if you want it to be hotter. But I would recommend you don’t try it with something like say ice cream or anything sweet. They don’t work too good.

Another really good seasoning for me is ketchup. It is amazing how many things just taste better and even look better when you drown them in ketchup. Like say if you fix some French Fries at home and accidentally burn them. No problem, smothering them in French Fries really helps.

The same can be said for stuff like burgers too. With pizza well they use this special tomato paste, which is like ketchup only thicker. And the more you got of it the better it is in some ways also from my point of view.



The one seasoning that probably gets over looked the most in my book is peanut butter. Man talk about a tragedy. I suggest you really give this glorious and tasty stuff the respect it deserves. In fact I bet it was the very food they had in mind when they came up with that work “AM-BRUISE-YAH!” You know when something tastes so good it makes you feel great.

Basically I think the idea here is enjoy and don’t be afraid of trying one of these great choices if and when. And once you get the hang of it I won’t mind helping you move on to the next level with seasonings.

That is the one where you eat the seasoning separate before you bother with the food. And for me nothing works better than a big bowl of jelly beans.

Let me tell you folks if I’m looking at eating some crummy “health food” junk that my buddy Otis bought to try and help us be healthier you can be darn sure I’m going to wolf down a ton of jelly beans first. My buddy may be okay with eating crap that takes like cardboard and saying it works, but not mean.

Course I don’t like to hurt his feelings so I normally don’t tell him about me sneaking off to eat the jelly beans first. But I can say doing that has sure kept on smile on my face when he shoves a plate of something that smells funny under my nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home