Saturday, September 03, 2005

BEING DIFFERENT WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE

There are things you can brag about and impress people and others that you are better off just keeping to yourself. I know because this has happen to me way too often.

In my case I think being a super hero type of grimefighter is pretty darn important stuff. But try and tell that to some people. Like my neighbor. We’re talking about a dude that thinks professional wrestling is the only real sport there is. I’m not saying it ain’t lots of fun to watch, but shoot it ain’t the only sport in the world.

However with my neighbor he just thinks only some stuff is great and the rest don’t count. So I can come home after saving the world, well at least it seems like saving the world to me and let him know what I did and he doesn’t appear the least impress.

I have thought of using my bat to impress him, but Otis says no. He’s always saying no when it comes to using my bat to solve problems. So I just keep trying and trying to figure a way to make my neighbor think I’m cool since I know I am.

My buddy Otis says I’m wasting my time. Perhaps he is right. But I guess it has become a matter of principle with me I suppose. I want that guy to know I’m just not some dufus who lives next door and doesn’t do much.

I can’t say if I’ll ever succeed, but it is kind of funny too me at times how something like that will bug me. Otis on the other hand never seems to worry about that stuff. We’ll be sitting in our garbage truck taking a break and somebody will walk or drive by and to me it looks like they are snickering at us. I get pissed.

But my buddy will sit and point out that in reality they are jealous because they can really tell we are enjoying ourselves, which is true in many ways. And then he points out that the one thing a lot of people dislike is somebody who is different. That’s because if you have fun being different then you don’t have to worry as much about what others think. He calls that being really free.

I’m not sure whether I completely agree with that part. Yet I do have to admit that at times I find myself being happy just being me. And when Otis helps me feel that way then I don’t really get as concerned with impressing people.

The odd thing is that at times it seems like the real cool stuff that happens to me happens when I’m in that kind of mood. And amazingly it also seems as if right after that we end up somewhere that we could boast about what we did. Only for some weird reason I just never have the same need to boast about it.

In any case I’m still working on impressing my neighbor if for no other reason that to get him to shut up about that stupid big riding lawn mower he just bought. I’ve been thinking it might impress him if I was to do something like come home in our garbage truck and dump our load of garbage on his lawn just to show him how hard we work. Not sure if I should check with Otis first. But if I do perhaps I’ll take his advice and do it without letting my neighbor know it was me. Guess I’ll see if that helps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

The only way to rectify the situation is to get out your big ass chainsaw.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home