Wednesday, August 24, 2005

DOWN IN THE VALLEY

I don’t think this is a place I want to visit. I mean I don’t believe I do if it is like in that song where it talks about the valley so low.

Course I know it wouldn’t be a valley if it wasn’t low would it? Only there sure must be something extra awful about how low this valley is if you need to sing about it in some song. I can’t help imagining it is the problem.

The only issue I have to wonder about is whether the dude who wrote that song did so because he got stuck there. Was it intended as some kind of warning like don’t let this happen to you.

If that be the case then how come the guy forgot to mention where you find that valley. That seemed like a kind of big item to have left out of his song. At least he could have mentioned where you find it on some map.

I mean what if it is some really crazy place like that Bermuda triangle? You know the location where they make all those shorts that look cool to wear at the beach. But don’t go there because from what I heard they can be really tough on trespassers. Like to the point they make you disappear! I call that pretty serious.

But then I reckon if this dude stumbled in that valley and it was in the Bermuda joint then he wouldn’t have been around to sing the song or write it huh? On the other hand you don’t hear of him sticking around to take credit for it like on the Internet. At least there is no Down in the Valley So Low web site that I’ve heard of. However these days there are so many it is hard to say for sure I guess.

I think though I’m going to do what I can to see if I can figure out for safety’s sake where this valley is located. And if it ain’t in the Bermuda Triangle I sure hope it ain’t the one they call “Death Valley!” Because if it is that means they end up putting you in some plot and that is one kind of low I don’t imagine anyone wants to rush to check out.

That is why I got on this whole valley thing in the first place. I call it being downright irresponsible to be singing some song and getting a person all excited about worrying over this valley and then you don’t even bother to tell us how to avoid it. I ask you is that fair? Not too me.

So I guess as usual it is up to me to take up the slack on this thing and do what this dude should have done if he had been more inclined to be nice to folks rather than fool around with just writing music. I mean I know as a writer myself that us creative types can be a little fickle, but come on is this any way to honestly treat folks.

Okay so the place I’m going to look at first is a globe. It normally has all the really important things on it. Only I think the guys who make them do forget the really important spots like where to find all the good places that sell jelly beans. Well maybe after I locate this valley I’ll write them and ask them to work on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home