Thursday, August 25, 2005

UP AND ADAM

My buddy Otis says this a lot. Mainly in the morning and normally on a Saturday when I think I should be able to sleep in.

Now what I want to know is there some reason that getting up early when a sane person should be sleeping means you should be known as Adam? Who was this Adam character anyway? Some clown with an alarm clock I bet who just loved making sure you didn’t get to sleep in. Yeah that sounds like the kind of sick thing some moron would try.

I personally don’t know anybody named Adam. Well I’ll take that back. I do know that there was that Adam in the bible. The one they mention in that first book called um, Geritol or Gensing or something that starts with a G.

He was that dude who hung around in this Garden for Eaten. Guess he was a vegetarian. And he had a wife named Eve. I think she must have had a night job since they all night “eve” some times. Hmmm I wonder if that is why he had to live in a garden for eaten since his wife was never home to fix dinner.

I bet that is why he got in trouble with that apple or whatever fruit it was that was hanging from that tree called the tree of the College for Hood and Weevils. That might explain why he didn’t have a regular job if he was a student.

But none of that explains how come he had a thing for getting up early or why just because it was his problem I have to get up early too. I figure if he enjoyed it fine. However that doesn’t mean I should need to.

On the other hand given the fact he did live in that garden maybe he needed to get up early to water the plants. Or whatever else he spent his time doing there in between the time he spent eating.

Gee I wonder if that garden was like the one in that “Willie Wonka” flick. You know the one that had candy hanging on the branches of the tree. Now that to me would really be a cool kind of garden of eaten.

And if that was the case well shoot. I think I would be up early too in order to get a head start of finding something really cool to eat. Yeah I could see doing that.

It is too bad he and his wife didn’t get to stay there. But I know sometimes when you are renting a place and the lease is up they don’t always let your renew it. So I reckon his landlord had a reason to not giving him a new lease.

Perhaps that was part of the problem why that Adam is still mentioned for getting up early. I mean if he spent all that time getting up early it would be a hard habit to break. But I bet it was the pits to get up early after he wasn’t in that garden any more and couldn’t get something good to eat off the tree.

However regardless of how it was hard for him to not get up early, I don’t have the problem. And if sleeping in means I have to be Philo Milo Buttercream and not be called Adam I risk it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home