Thursday, September 01, 2005

A TIME FOR...

The Reverend Analbe was talking about this the other day. How there is a time for everything. That was another of those things he gets out of the bible. And it might be true and a good thing I suppose only with the Reverend he ended up making this another of those things where you were a bad person if you didn’t spend all your time doing what he said. Which to him was basically the same as doing what God wanted since he does talk to God and all.

Well at least he claims he does. It is just too bad that the Lord doesn’t give any of the rest of us a chance to make a few suggestions on that subject. I for one would like to have the Lord tell the Reverend to shut up once and a while, but I reckon that isn’t going to happen.

In any case I guess this whole time for business isn’t all that bad. It is just a shame I don’t get to decide the time for thing in terms of what I want to do.

I just seem to get stuck all the time spending most of my time doing junk that I would rather not do. Even as a grimefighter I don’t just get to fight grime and bash griminals. Too much of my time gets spent having to do other junk.

It is like when I first get to STINK headquarters for my current assignment along with my buddy Otis. They don’t just give us some list and tell us go and beat up the bad guys. That would be too easy I guess.

Nope it doesn’t work that way. Instead I have to spend the time getting stuck while we have this meeting to discuss our assignment. Like I don’t know really what to do. You just go out find the creeps and then beat them silly tell they give up. How hard is that to figure out?

Anyway after getting through with the meeting then the next step is going down to the garage to get issued our equipment. And that part is really boring. Because it doesn’t matter how many times I have used the same junk they still insist upon explaining it to me again. It is as if they think I have forgotten or something.

Then after doing all of that and we finally are ready to go out and fight grime we got to listen to a speech. Our leader, Dr. Hemoglobin calls that a moment of inspiration. I call it a time for yawning, which is what it does for me.

And naturally all of that still means we have to go on assignment and try to remember everything we were told because when we get done we have to fill out a report on what we did. Of course Dr. Hemoglobin doesn’t want us to put on the report all the boring stuff he made us do before assignment.

He says that wouldn’t be uplifting. Frankly it might be more uplifting if he let me use my bat once and a while and especially on the jerks trying to tell me how to use equipment I’ve used a thousand times.

But I guess none of that will ever change. Which is why I always look forward to the times when at least it is a chance to munch on some jelly beans. Now that is one time for I really don’t mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home