Tuesday, August 30, 2005

LIFT THAT BARGE, TOTE THAT STALE

Well I know one thing I ain’t interested in lifting an barge. I saw one once I think. It was this humungous flat goodie floating in this harbor and it was piled high with garbage. And boy did it look heavy.

So all I can say is that whoever came up with this lifting a barge thing must have been out of their mind in terms of thinking we could do such a thing. And if that sucker was piled high with garbage, man you would expect it to be stale.

Now my thinking on this is perhaps the person who came up with this stupid saying (who was also probably the same dude who came up with some other similar stupid sayings) probably had something else in mind. Like trying to say how perhaps it really is dumb and stupid to even try and lift anything that heavy that stinks. As if you ought to have the brains enough to not bother. In other words don’t be so dang stupid.

I have to admit that I have never personally met the guy who came up with this saying. But I’m only hoping that is what he had in mind. Unless he was one of those weird dudes who perhaps came up with ideas after taking some funny pills or drinking some of that stuff that makes your head spin.

I’ve seen enough of those guys to know how doing that kind of thing sort of makes them weird. I’m not talking about the kind of weird I get accused of being. I’m speaking of the kind of weird that really never makes any sense. The type, which you never know has a chance in the world of getting better.

And if the dude who came up with this saying was one of those then I can sort of appreciate how he would have been thinking you could lift a barge even if it was full of stale crap. Because those dudes really do get hopeless at times in what they think is real.

That’s okay if it works for you I suppose. Only I don’t think we you get all silly and make up really stupid junk that people ought to have a reason to quote it like it was something worth listening too.

I guess that is what I consider as part of my reason for what I do with this blog. I got to spread the word about this type of thing. Hopefully by doing this I can spare at least one person from having to think about stuff that maybe it was better if we just forgot.

And ain’t it wonderful that I work so hard doing all that thinking so you don’t have to. All you have to do is drop my and read where I thought it through and then you can see how bothering with it was perhaps not a good idea.

As for me, well I guess I don’t mind taking the time. I mean after all being a grimefighting super hero type does put me in the position where it is important that I do what I can to help others.

Of course my buddy Otis says I probably shouldn’t be so helpful at times. But I got to do what I got to do whether some people like it or not. At least it works for me. I won’t say what some thing about it because I don’t use that kind of language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home