Friday, September 09, 2005

CANTALOUPE AND SOUR CREAM

I suppose that I could have entitled this posting, stuff that you only eat with something else. At least I do.

Now when it comes to any melons I can take them or leave them. But if I do take them I prefer to give them help to make them more easy to enjoy.

And I guess I like cantaloupe for being orange more than just their taste. They really make a vanilla shake different if you add enough of them.

As for sour cream. Well it is great in chips. But like cantaloupe it is better if you put it with something else.

I’ve never tried to put sour cream and cantaloupe together in anything. I don’t know that isn’t something I’m too daring about at this point. I like to try different stuff, but that just is a little too much for me at this point.

So I guess this is just a case of knowing that in life there are some times when to enjoy something you have to make allowances. That is what Otis calls it when you have to tolerate something you otherwise wouldn’t tolerate from something else.

And I guess in some way people can be like that too. There are some folks that are just easier to enjoy when you add something to the relationship like meeting them somewhere fun so they can’t bore you with some dull conversation.

That is how Otis does it with some of the grimefighters. He just tells them to meet us at a burger joint and then everything is made easier with a full tummy.

Personally I do care because I get a free meal out of it and then when you are dealing with some dude that talks about stuff that might turn your stomach you got something good in it so it don’t matter that much. And I think that is pretty darn smart.

Anyway like I said I don’t mind cantaloupe or sour cream in the right situation. And I suppose I’ve learned to look at most people that way too. So as long as I can stomach what they say then it ain’t so bad.

Of course there is always that rat boy, Junior Hemoglobin. I think if he was a food it would be one that Truly Grimey cooked up. And there is just no way to eat that and not get a little sick at your stomach.

So when possible with Junior I only like to deal with him after I’ve been sucking on some milk shake. Course I don’t tell him that. Or the fact that at times I try to imagine him being stuffed in some blender and then being able to push the button.

Only with him you would probably end up with a cheese shake and I wouldn’t want that in any case. So I think I’ll just be content to regard him like I do some other folks as another form of cantaloupe or sour cream that needs help to be okay.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "All good things come to he who waits. That must be the dude who is out of work and stays home all day waiting for the UPS truck to deliver from the Home Shopping Network."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home