Wednesday, October 12, 2005

NUT CASE SAPPY

To me there are being happy and there is being way too happy. I enjoy being happy, but I also know when you are like over the top in being happy. It is sort of like being more than a tad off in your thinking so you see everything even unhappy stuff as a reason to laugh.

We got one of those kinds of people working at STINK. This dude can really get on my nerves at times. He calls being that happy, being positive. I call it being sick.

I know what being positive means. It is looking on the bright side of life. And that is cool.

Although with me I got to admit there are plenty of times I find it kind of tough to look on the positive side of stuff if I don’t see anything positive about it. But with this guy man, he tries to think of something good that can happen with anything. And sometimes that just isn’t realistic no matter how are you look.

Most of the time I’m lucky enough to avoid this guy. You can be I don’t complain either. Unfortunately there are times when I am not so lucky.

The other day was one of those situations. My buddy Otis was sick and had to stay home from our job at STINK. And lucky me, our boss Dr. Hemoglobin decided that I should get stuck with Mr. Happy as my partner.

God was that an awful day. I did my best to cope, but let me tell you spending eight hours with all smiles and no sense Mr. Happy didn’t exactly make my day.

I suppose if we had just stuck to fighting grime it would have been okay. At least on assignment I could have done something like have him stay in one place while I claimed to be checking out griminal activity somewhere else. That would have made it possible for me to get through the experience.

But Mr. Happy, pain the butt (which was the addition I gave him after ten minutes alone with him) had other ideas. Instead of us going out on assignment and only doing that he insisted we stop first.

It wasn’t till too late that I found out the place he wanted to stop was at a residence where his family was having a family reunion. Have you ever been surrounded by Mr. Happys? If not, I’d suggest you don’t try. Because let me tell you just spending five minutes with this dude was bad enough. Being stuck with his whole darn family for two hours was enough to drive me insane and there are plenty of people who say that for me it is a short trip anyway.

Well I did survive. I probably could have done it better if I had been able to have my bat with me. And even if I almost went blind watching those stupid slides that his one family member showed from her vacation, I can definitely say nothing gave me a real reason to smile than when I got back to headquarters and do my fest forget. That sure was hard too after having seen about a thousand slides of people with smiles standing in front of everything from flowers to waterfalls! Cheers and here’s hoping all your smiles are from being happy without being sappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home