Thursday, October 20, 2005

THIS ONE'S FOR...

I saw this on some commercial a while ago. It had to do with giving somebody a drink I think and saying this particular one is for you. And that’s cool that somebody would say I whipped up this one just for you.

I like the idea of that kind of attention. Now if I could just get the dudes that work over at the candy store to get the hang of setting aside the jelly beans with that philosophy I’d be in great shape.

But no matter how often I go in there I just can’t get them to appreciate that doing a little extra to keep me coming back is a good idea. Shoot I bet on a per jelly bean purchase I got to be their biggest customer too.

Only I don’t get the impression that seems to count with them very much. Oh believe me I’ve given them plenty of hints. You know I’ve gone in there and sort of mentioned how I really enjoy their place and wouldn’t mind coming more often, but that they just don’t seem to add to their options enough that it does any good for me to come more often.

At least I figured that would get them inspired to try and be a little more creative in terms of what kinds of jelly beans they offer. Shoot I even took in this pamphlet I found on the variety of kinds of jelly beans you can get from this mail order place that included a whole bunch of types they didn’t have.

You would think that would have gotten them to get the idea that if they improved their selection they would have more sales. But it didn’t. After that when I went inside all they had was the usual options.

However I’m not going to give up on this idea. I’m thinking of maybe calling them up a bunch of times and disguising my voice and pretending to be all kinds of different people looking for jelly beans. And then when I ask about the kinds they don’t have hopefully ti will get them motivated to rethink their selection.

Whether that will help I don’t know yet. But I sure hope so. I’m really interested in finding out what those type in the catalogue that they say are liverwurst and garlic flavor taste like.

Never had any liverwurst stuff before. But it sounds kind of interesting. I figure it if makes you see liver as worse that whatever it must be some kind of special jelly bean.

It is just a question of how long it will take me to get those guys to get off their butts and actually order a few of these new kinds. Hopefully not long though. I don’t mind waiting as long as it doesn’t take too long.

And when it comes to jelly beans I really hate to tell my tummy to be patient since waiting ain’t something it enjoys without grumbling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home