Wednesday, October 26, 2005

WAITING FOR THE PAINT TO DRY

The other day we were over at this friend of my buddy Otis’ where the guy lives in this house. I never quite understood why he and Otis are even friends since the guy doesn’t work as a grimefighter so he isn’t a super hero or even a garbage man.

I guess the main reason they are friends is because the guy loves Spam as much as Otis does. And that’s okay I guess. But let me tell you sitting around and listening to them getting all excited talking about canned meat doesn’t excite me that much.

However since Otis normally likes me to tag along I go with him. Not sure why exactly, but I sort of get the idea that my being there gives Otis an excuse when he gets bored and wants to leave since he always mention having to run errands that I asked him to do. Which would be fine if I had asked him to do any errands, but normally I haven’t.

Anyway the other day we were over there and let me tell you when it comes to rambling over weird junk this dude is a whiz. He’s always saying strange stuff that just don’t make any sense to me.

Sometimes I just ignore it, but this one case I really couldn’t. He and Otis were talking about politics. Not my idea of a good time, but they were enjoying themselves.

They were discussing how the government was going to fix Social Security. Personally I’m not all that clear on what Social Security is, but I got the impression it has to do with old retired folks that are constipated. They were talking about budget problems and seniors so I reckoned that meant this Social Security problem that need fixing had something to do with old folks having trouble going to the bathroom.

I would have figured that you know a good laxative would have taken care of that problem. But that didn’t seem to be the case from the way Otis and his pal were talking.

That’s when they started discussing deficits and ways that might help fix this Social Security and it was going to take help from congress. It was then that Otis’s pal mentioned that what ever they did you would have to wait for the paint to dry to find out if it really did any good.

Well I’m never quite heard what it was that they expected Congress to paint, but I’m assuming since this has to do with old folks it meant they needed to put a coat of paint on some retirement home. I got no idea how painting it would take care of fixing the Social Security problem for sure. What I’m guessing is that they thought a fresh coat of paint would maybe make the old folks feel mellower. And I guess that would relax them and perhaps help solve their constipation problem.

Gee funny, but I never imagined watching paint dry would be a possible cure for constipation. But I guess you can learn something new from time to time. And maybe next time when they are talking they might even getting around to mentioning what color paint too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home