Sunday, October 30, 2005

KNOCK, KNOCK, WHACK

The other morning we got a knock on our door at like eight am. It was a Saturday and both Otis and I were really tired from a long week. So we were hardly awake when the knock came.

Well I got up and went and answer the door. It turned out to be a stupid salesman. Let me tell you that buying frozen meat from some door to door salesman at that time on a Saturday was not my idea of fun.

I told the guy I wasn’t interest, but let me tell you this guy just didn’t want to leave. He kept trying to bug me with more questions like how come I don’t like to save money, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah.

Finally I told the guy to leave. I wish he had taken my advice because he just kept blabbing away like I would buy his stuff if he kept talking long enough.

My solution was simple enough. I sort of persuaded him to leave and shut up with the use of my trusting wooden buddy. Oh I didn’t actually have to use it on him. Just show him it and give it a couple of practice swings. That sort of was enough.

Or so I thought. About an hour later when Otis was up the dude came back. Only Otis didn’t know I had already talked to him.

I was in the kitchen at the time so I didn’t find out till a few minutes later that the guy had come back. And boy was I pissed to have him come back by after I told him no.

The thing was I forgot to tell Otis about the guy having been there before. And without thinking I just grabbed my old trusty wooden buddy, figuring I’d be darn sure I got my message across to the guy.

It might have easier if Otis hadn’t gotten in the way. He sort of accidentally got hit by the swing I intended for that sales dude.

At least the dude did finally leave, which was a good thing I guess. As for Otis, well when he woke up he was sort of confused and couldn’t remember what happen.

Oh he had a headache, which is to be expected I reckon. However I sort of try to fake it and mentioned that it looked like he might have fallen. Which was sort of true since he did fall after I accidentally hit him with the bat.

It was a good thing that it was Saturday. That way he did have all day to rest. About the only minor point of frustration was that in order to help Otis feel better I ended up fixing dinner. I didn’t mind that much, only what Otis wanted was, you guessed it, STEAK!

So I guess the lesson I learned in this situation was not to bash my buddy if a steak salesman comes to the door! Er, close enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home