Wednesday, April 08, 2009

NOON

I stood at lunchtime
outside so I could enjoy the sun
let its rays warm and bring some smiles,
just knew it would take away
any stress from the morning.

But then a car drove by
and blew a blast of fumes from its tail pipe
in my face making me cough,
some kid show up to hound me
to buy his candy for a fund raiser,
claimed it was to send underprivileged to Disney World,
might have believed he was in need
if he hadn’t been wearing designer jeans
with a pair of hundred dollars sneakers.

Did my best to not let it ruin my attempt
at making noon my time for savoring light,
then some bird flew over and bombed my shirt.

Went into the fast food burger joint,
looked at their poster on the wall of a sunset,
wasn’t the same,
still the vanilla shake sure was more fun
than standing outside and being some kind of target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home