Friday, January 09, 2009

TESTIMONY

I heard about this one time. Over at the Sunday service held by the Reverend Analbe. He was asking people to give one of these.

Now you know I heard of people having to do this in a court. Where somebody sits in a box and says something like, “he did it, he did it.”

Course that is where you got some jerk of a criminal who deserves to be told he was bad. Yeah they deserve that kind of testimony.

But not sure that works that well in churches. I mean I always kind of though the people in churches were supposedly on the good side.

So you know, not the type to do lots of bad junk. Well if they are they sure a good job of hiding it.

Which is why I was kind of feeling that maybe I needed to help them out a little. Like you know give them a way to understand this whole testimony thing better.

It can be hard for some. They just seem to not quite get the hang of how this is supposed to work.

Not from what I have noticed. I mean all their testimony stuff seemed really weird. Nothing bad at all.

You know they talked about how they got help from the Lord with a problem. Which is good, but sure don’t like the kind of testimony I was expecting.

I mean course with the Lord you would expect good stuff. So I understood that. But still I figured they needed help.

So what I did when they asked me to give a testimony was to try and get up so I could show them the way it should be. Figure it was the right thing to do.

Now that is why I did some talking I figured would really improve things. I got up and you know started the he did it deal.

Oh yeah, I saw lots of the folks outside and listened to them talking about somebody doing something wrong. Only they never said it inside.

So I figured they forgot. That is why when it was my turn I figured why not say it for them.

That is what I did. Sure wish they had smiled about it more. Man did they seem not that thrilled.

At least they didn’t ask me to testify again.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "Is it still breakfast if you break something slow?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home