Wednesday, August 06, 2008

LET FREEDOM STING

I never thought of freedom as being painful. Really, would you think of being free as hurting?

Well I have come to think of it differently. Ever since I was sort of blessed with freedom at work.

Over at STINK most of what we do is about following rules. It doesn't matter if the griminals don't we are suppose to.

Now, I don't think I would mind, but when they told me we could start have the right to make decisions for ourselves, I thought it would be cool. Only it didn't work out like that.

I mean making decisions should be easy to do. You just do it. No big deal. Just you know decide what to do.

Only at STINK they didn't mean it that way. It was more like, well yes you can make a decision, but...

That but part sure didn't mean my idea of freedom. Not even close. And that is because of paper.

Yep, who would have thought it could cause so much trouble? I never thought it would happen that way.

But let me tell you, paper can sure be a monster. Let me tell you it is when you have to explain junk.

See they didn't mention that with the freedom part. I was so jazzed to make decisions I never thought somebody expected to explain what I did.

That didn't happen until we got back and they shoved this grimefighter's report in my face. Even Otis was surprised.

It sure was quite a shock, let me tell you. I mean all of sudden somebody expected us to tell them why we did junk.

Talk about panic. It is one thing to get the freedom to go out there and bash somebody when I feel like it, but another to explain it.

I mean saying it was a good idea at the time, but they sure didn't seem to look at it that way. Boy it sure wasn't fun to tell them.

We did survive, but you know just being aware that somebody was going to ask use to explain down the road really did take the edge off the fun of being free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home