Friday, July 11, 2008

SUN FUN

Guess it is that time of year when you are supposed to pretend you love the sun. Which is like doing it even though the rest of the year you stay insides.

Now that is okay if you are like tan and look good in shorts. But if you are shaped like and egg and bleached, shoot forget it.

My buddy, Otis, is really cool. But he does get weird in the summer. About twice a month in the summer he decides we should go the beach.

Only we don't live near the ocean. So we go to the public swimming pool. I don't mind. They got great snacks.

I like make sure I wear this shirt so I don't get sun burnt. Oh yeah a few do get freaked out when they see me wearing a beanie in the swimming pool, but I live with it.

Anyway, Otis decides to wear a pair of swimming trunks and no shirt. He does look kind of silly being so white, but heck he tries to pretend he is cool.

Well the thing is you know, I just kind of smile and not snicker. What s funny is to see him suck in his stomach to try and appear he is not overweight.

I love watching him holding his breath to take and keep it sucked in. Course it never works for long.

But while it does he seems happy. And then later, after he can't do it any longer he covers it with a towel.

Doesn't hide much, but he seems to think it helps. And that is okay, except for when he gets hungry.

Oh he holds out as long as possible, but I guess all that holding his stomach ends builds up some appetite. So he goes a little crazy.

And that is what makes me smile a little. After about four snow cones and a few hot dogs he gets sane again.

Which then really makes me smile. I like it when he stops acting weird. Oh we do have to deal with a few snickers.

But you know, that is okay. One of these days I'm going to have him let me take my bat to the pool.

Then we will see if they are still laughing after I say hello. Yeah, it seems to do wonders in that regard.

But that is part of life, well my life at least.


THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "Who invented dawn and why would they bother?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home