Friday, June 13, 2008

VASES

Okay I guess it makes sense if you love flowers this is a good deal. But if you ain't into flowers why do you need a vase?

I can't say and we do have one at our apartment. Otis puts these fake flowers in it anytime we have company.

Says it is to give the place more ambiance. Well I don't have any idea what this ambiance deal is about.

I just not that them flowers sure are getting old. And they are sort of looking kind of sickly too.

Oh well, I suppose it is better than when he decide to check into reading up on vases. There was this one kind called a Ming Vase.

So he went over to the library and got a book on them. Why? Well according to him he was going to be talking with this lady at this antique store and I guess she thought they were cool.

Hard for me to figure how any vase is cool. But I guess this lady did. Then one day he wanted to take our vase over to her to have it what she called "appraised."

Well I sort of thought I would help. I mean it was all plain and made of glass. Oh it has some nice carved images on the side, but otherwise it was just another vase.

But he mentioned it was real old and thought it might impress her. Gee I hated you know to see him get embarrassed.

So what I did was take it and try to make it look cooler. You know glue on a few thing like jelly beans to it.

When I got done I thought it looked great. Oh yeah a really great work of art. How can you go wrong with jelly beans?

Otis didn't seem to think so though. He wasn't quite appreciative of my help. Which kind of made me said.

But that is okay, it took a while, however, he did manage to fix it the way he wanted. Plain and simple, but happy.

So there he went with it over to show it to the lady. Came back a little unhappy. Guess the think broke on him.

Well I suppose I should have told him about dropping in that one time while adding the jelly beans. I didn't think one thin crack would be problem. Oh well now we have a new vase. Hope this one doesn't need any decorations though. Don't like to waste jelly beans.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "I love tomorrow when it is payday, but wish credit card companies would forget the past."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home