Saturday, February 23, 2008

FANCY

Now this is one of those deals to me where it is a good deal in some cases. As long as it doesn't get boring.

Like when Otis and I go out to dinner. Now I personally enjoy the kinds of places where it doesn't matter what you look like.

My stomach sure doesn't seem to mind. It is very happy having food that is you know full of grease and when I don't have to put on a suit to eat it.

And how come some think this is a good deal? Is it supposes to make the food taste better? I've never noticed.

What I do know is we always end up once and a while going to some place that he says is fancy. And I know that will always mean I got to wear a suit and tie.

Plus I have to put up with weird stuff. They never have you know a menu board or drink fountain.

Which really doesn't make it other than a pain. First you have to flip through this menu and hope you can find something decent to eat.

They give you an explanation about the food, but no free samples. Like that really helps. How am I suppose to know by some crummy name if it tastes good?

And they never mention important junk like French Fries or burgers. They have sandwiches and this stuff like a French Dip.

Sounds like something getting ready to drive off some board. Which sure don't sound that yummy to me.

And who calls that a good time? But Otis gets hung up with having us go over to these places just the same.

I don't know, it seems to be important to him. I guess he thinks if we eat there it proves we are fancy too.

But that don't seem to work for me. I mean I don't mind eating. That is fun. But why does he have to complicate it?

Where is the good in that? I mean clothe napkins are cool I guess. And then the idea of more than one fork is okay too.

Nice to have a spare. But otherwise the food ain't better tasting. That sort of counts with me. And you can be sure I don't like any place I get stuck not being able to wear my beanie either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home