Monday, November 26, 2007

THANKS A LOT

Actually this is one of those things where you are not really all that jazzed to feel grateful. Oh you will say it out of politeness, but forget it in terms of you meaning it.

Only you know that if you don't say it the person is likely to get upset since they feel they did you a favor. However, it just don't feel that cool from you end.

Otis and I go over to Granny Potts on some Sundays. Trying to be polite to her seeing how she spends most of her time by herself and is so old and all.

So Otis figures it is kind of good deed. Which is alright by me since she ends up letting us join her for lunch and all. And most of the time she is a pretty good cook.

Providing she doesn't misplaced her glasses again. Then things can be sort of messy. Oh she means well, but you know just gets kind of confused on what she is putting in her food.

Which sure can lead to some pretty crazy meals. Not the kind, which I will boast about or recommend to others.

However, it is kind of tough to you know be ungrateful in such situations, even if you really aren't that grateful deep down. You have to be polite.

Actually, I do my best to you know not complain, but that gets tough when say she served a big bowl of beans and there buttons in it. Or she gives you some napkins and it turns out they have say needles in them.

But what am I supposed to do? She sure didn't mean it to suck. Nor did she bother to act like it was something she did on purpose.

So we just sit there and smile and hope for the best. But being grateful, well that I can guarantee.

Oh I will act like it so I don't offend. And I guess I'm grateful that Granny Potts doesn't hear too well.

Sometimes she just keeps talking without noticing if we are listening. Which is not a big deal when I'm worried about you know having to say thank you. Because she already does it herself without asking.

Anyway, that is good enough for me. And sometimes we escape without too much harm too.

For that I do get grateful. It really makes me happy to do that. And if keeps me from having some problem in my stomach along the way I am even more grateful. Just not sure that is the kind of gratitude everyone would brag about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home